Newcastle United 2-0 Arsenal (18/05/2022)

Yorkie

Very accomplished and enjoyable performance but we haven't really looked like scoring. Arsenal look nervy and error prone, but will settle the longer we go without scoring. 

Could go either way. 

Carry on like this and we should score, yes it's not been brilliant in terms of efforts on goal, but if we keep that intensity up, we're surely going to get something. 

Really enjoyed it, atmosphere has matched the players effort, and I dont mind the cries for SHOOT ads to the fun.

This is how we need to play every game (with a couple of exceptions) next season. For all how good we've been this year, we haven't really dominated a game like this against a good side yet.

We've dominated them a bit like we did Chelsea. Problem is up front they are a lot more dangerous. Schar has been an absolute magician and by far the most effective player on the pitch, also special mention to St. Maximin who's been very good.

Don't know how it happened, but that tooth getting knocked out has saved Arsenal. He's understandably not been as involved since then. Saw him spitting blood out when we had a corner.

Really enjoyed that half. Best we’ve looked in a long, long time. High tempo, frenetic pressing and everyone seems really up for it. Can’t wait for next season when Eddie’s had a whole pre-season and a few more signings integrated as well. 

Just now, Mattoon said:

I don't think I've ever seen us this good against a top 7 side, dominating play, closing down high and quick, 70% possession.

During the Keegan years we used to dominate and batter teams for fun.