General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

He used to go drinking in the Bigg Market with his wife. Seems completely unconcerned/no sense of threat. Can you imagine a modern player doing that? 

aye he was a hard case. Remember when he broke Bracewell's leg when we played Everton. Nasty one that, fucked Bracewell's career for a while, as he was just starting to get in the England squad.

Did Vinny Jones say he was the only person he was ever scared of? 

Edited by reefatoon

36 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Did you actually see Harford play for Newcastle, coz he was far from being anything like a hardman on the pitch when he was here.

No was at Luton when I started watching football if I recall. Just remember a few stories about him growing up. Probably didn’t help he’s a Sunderland fan ?

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Matthew Raisbeck moved on? Strange he hasn't done the pre-season commentary or will he and Ando be back Saturday?

I just assumed the pre-season commentary was just delivered in-house whereas Raisbeck is BBC Radio Newcastle?

Guest neesy111
4 hours ago, Sima said:

Probably a daft question but does the Metro free travel for kids under 11 when travelling with an adult work if you have a Magpie Mover?

Don't think so.  Think you need a normal adult ticket.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62375853

A combined 87,452 fans attended the two home fixtures last weekend, showing that support for the team continue to grow under the new ownership. After many had turned their backs on the club during the Ashley era, a new batch of 1,000 season tickets was snapped up in a couple of hours, with 30,000 fans waiting in an online queue. Supporters on social media are excited about what a whole season under Howe can yield.

"More than 700 fans went to the game at Benfica and it was a reminder of the times under the likes of Keegan, Robson or Alan Pardew," says Tomlinson.

:spit:

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Full heel turn completed. Get in the fucking sea Greg.

It’s a mis quote - I never mentioned Pardew once !! I did mention being at Benfica away last time (as well as last week) and he’s added it in from there. 

Edited by Greg

There’s a few - the bit about never having a director of football - I literally said having a ‘competent’ Director of Football and CEO - who can forget Wise and Kinnear as DoFs FFS.

6 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Good to see you back posting on here again.

Just needed a Pardew misquote to bring you back :bluestar:

Been lurking a bit last few days - I’ve just been far too busy in life at home and professional life.