Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

46 minutes ago, Anderson said:

:lol: Off to the naughty step for wormy.

:lol: Post edited and I'm off for my time out. 

But for the record before I go, I'm happy to put my own name to the fact that Sir Jim has 70 year old touchy uncle vibes. 

3 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Tories will be gone later this year and if Labour win he’ll get fuck all off them for a stadium.

Reckon Labour would be more likely to give it in order to 'show interest and investment in the North'

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Reckon Labour would be more likely to give it in order to 'show interest and investment in the North'

Let’s more ways to do that than helping American ultra predatory capitalists and a Tory stooge get a freebie to bulk up their investments. 

On 19/04/2024 at 20:11, Froggy said:

Doesn't this go towards FFP though? I suggested in another thread you would spend heavily again in the summer, and other posters suggested you won't have much of a budget at all and that it will likely continue into subsequent windows. 

There's being rich and ruthless and there's being stupid. I still think a deal will be done in and around the £10m mark once the summer window closes. 

You actually think we're the ones being stupid about this? [emoji38]

We already have plans in place for our recruitment this summer, which the people at the club have shown they can handle already, and we are down to final interviews for a new DOF.

You lot are the ones in complete limbo still. And this Ratcliffe guy isn't coming across well. Seems a bit daft. And in that marathon interview he seems like he's panicking about people not being in place yet.

Think you're going to be in for a very dodgy summer.

2 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Starmer is an Arsenal fan. Doubt he'll be building a stadium for Man Utd. 

12 minutes ago, Cf said:

Starmer is an Arsenal fan. Doubt he'll be building a stadium for Man Utd. 

Like Blair was a NUFC fan, sat watching Jackie Milburn amongst rivers of piss in the Gallowgate? Or actually an Arsenal fan?

Fine if true, we started at £20m, they were outraged and offered £4m didnt they and like lol no and they've had to go more than 3 times that, feels like decent negotiation

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Fine if true, we started at £20m, they were outraged and offered £4m didnt they and like lol no and they've had to go more than 3 times that, feels like decent negotiation

We have serious people running the club now, not Mike Ashley and Charnley accepting the first low ball bid that comes in. [emoji38]

£15m for Ashworth and our replacement in place before the summer window all sounds a bit too perfect for my liking. :lol: Will believe it when I see it.

6 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Tories will be gone later this year and if Labour win he’ll get fuck all off them for a stadium.

Aye, you are deluded to think they aren’t above giving in to lobbying tactics and gifting Manchester money to say ‘We gave to the North’.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Like Blair was a NUFC fan, sat watching Jackie Milburn amongst rivers of piss in the Gallowgate? Or actually an Arsenal fan?

He is an Arsenal season ticket and attends games regularly with his son.