Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Dan Ashworth is concerned with building a successful squad who compete and participate in the Champions League year after year. He won't be pissing his pants at a very minor bump in the road 

You nailed it, people need to get a grip.

Bump in the road, it's not even that.

We've underperformed in one game FFS :lol: At best, we're one or two points down on what we should expect to have at this stage.

We'd all love to have done better in the last 3, but there isn't even a story at this point.

45 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

We've underperformed in one game FFS :lol: At best, we're one or two points down on what we should expect to have at this stage.

We'd all love to have done better in the last 3, but there isn't even a story at this point.

I think we’re all just addicted to the crack cocaine highs we have had the pleasure of witnessing for most of the last season. The junk food soulless football days of both fatties are over. We’re witnessing the new adopted parents that love & care, facilitating the birthing of our new cloob. There will be birthing pains and growing ones along the way no doubt. 

Would still love a complete battering of Brentford mind! [emoji38]

the future is bright the future is black and white :indi:

2 hours ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

He's had his chance, maybe time to change things up a bit ? 

Charnley.webp

Hamza_Choudhury_2021.jpg

Wise.jpeg

Fucking hell, Dennis Wise as a DoF [emoji38]

Never been seen again at a professional club too since, I believe. Which says it all.

Edited by toon25

2 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Its not a case of writing them off, we all hope that they will turn out to be  class,  but them being young and not really having much top level experience will add even more pressure on them, it's difficult to see a situation where they will not be expected to deliver immediately considering the games and tournaments we are in this year, which is why i was hoping we sign players with a bit more high level experience, unless we are willing to write this whole season off and use it as a learning experience.

This just doesn't make any sense. We were never going to get an experienced and great RB to sit behind Trippier but going to the season with just Trippier wasn't an option either. Livramento was IMO the perfect level of player to sign. Hall will get plenty of games too this season and in the future, we've played 4 games out of probably +50. Have some patience before writing off the season ffs.

Edited by Pata

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Dan Ashworth is concerned with building a successful squad who compete and participate in the Champions League year after year. He won't be pissing his pants at a very minor bump in the road 

I was literally thinking the same thing, we might not get it right this year but you can bet they’ll try to improve next year and every year after that. Get a couple of wins together after the break and everything will be rosy again. 

4 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Preach :lol:

I firmly believe that without the late Liverpool shock we would be on 7-9 points now. Shit happens, it probably rattled everyone including the players. 

3 hours ago, toon25 said:

Fucking hell, Dennis Wise as a DoF [emoji38]

Never been seen again at a professional club too since, I believe. Which says it all.

Unfortunately you're wrong mate. He is the President/CEO of Como in Italy, Serie B - just mental [emoji38]

34 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Preach :lol:

I firmly believe that without the late Liverpool shock we would be on 7-9 points now. Shit happens, it probably rattled everyone including the players. 

I think that Liverpool disaster sent many into a tailspin, myself included. We're 4 games in, much time remains.

Must have a fucking brilliant wifi connection there for all the "scouting" he'll be doing.

Anyway, whilst fair play to him if he's had a positive effect, Como were expelled from the league for going bankrupt and had to re-apply as a new club in Serie D. Getting promoted was probably not that miraculous a feat.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dan-ashworth-laughs-manchester-united-28053949

Imagine two years ago we'd have a manager wanted by England and a DoF wanted by Manchester United and neither one is interested in leaving.

Good old local paper comments sections. :lol:

This on an article where Ashworth confirms he has no intention of leaving. 

image.thumb.png.917b1db9b97e6a26ff0262793b809c39.png

Thanks for that, 'Marxist Eraser' :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

• 1 month later...