Fixtures (2022/23)

Man City away first game seems nailed on. Then probably a newly promoted team on last day of season, Forest would be good.

Man Utd on Boxing Day as well as is standard these days. 

Boxing Day's always a fun one, since 2010

2010: Man City (H)
2011: Bolton (A)
2012: Man Utd (A)
2013: Stoke (H)
2014: Man Utd (A)
2015: Everton (H)

2016: Sheff Wed (H)

2017: Man City (H)
2018: Liverpool (A)
2019: Man Utd (A)
2020: Man City (A)
2021: Man Utd (H)

14 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Mad that, esp since '17

I believe that the FA asks each club in advance of releasing the fixtures if the club is 'happy' (by this they ask the club secretary) to a point of the who and when - then they are released the following week or so.

As I remember that there was a guy at Man Utd - who was leaving under a cloud, and agreed the fixtures - then it transpires in the middle of January that the derby with city was to be at Old Trafford on the aniversary of the Munich crash.

Many a person not happy with the timing, this was in 2008.

On 07/06/2022 at 08:15, nbthree3 said:

I'm aware that they in particular schedule for Boxing Day clubs that are based near enough to each other for travel reasons, but that limits us to the two Manchester clubs, two Liverpool clubs and Leeds. Given we played Stoke in 2013 I don't see why we can't get a Villa or a Leicester.

Sickening that the FA and PL actually acknowledge and officially state that there is a Big 6 in the league.

They can fuck off like. Hope atleast 2 of those 6 end up outside the top 6 this coming season.

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

First game of the season I'm praying an away fixture because, typically, we've got a family wedding on the same day!

No. I'm off all that weekend. 

Compromise.......Sunday at home.

Edited by madras

Officially in the new season: https://www.premierleague.com/news/2641586

Following their respective promotions from the EFL Championship, AFC Bournemouth, Fulham and Nottingham Forest can now officially state that they are part of the Premier League.

At the Premier League's Annual General Meeting (AGM) the change from the 2021/22 season to the 2022/23 has been announced. 

What it means

The three clubs who were relegated - Burnley, Watford and Norwich City - transferred back the share certificates that gave them Premier League status and the Premier League board of directors confirmed the cancellation of these shares. 

A new share certificate for each of the promoted clubs was then signed by the Premier League directors and company secretary. As required under company law, the three clubs have been entered into the share register.

As a result, the confirmation of the three promoted clubs as members of the Premier League has taken place, with the League formally welcoming them by awarding them their framed share certificates.

The table refresh 

To mark the changing over to the new season, the Premier League website and app has also received a visual refresh.

Premier League table resets for 2022/23

Get ready for the new season as the promoted clubs officially join the Premier League

The Premier League table has been reset with the 20 clubs sorted in alphabetical order, while the Premier League's social media accounts now follow those of the three promoted clubs. 

7 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

All I'm predicting is Bournemouth away will be televised, which'll be a right fuck on for our fans.

A part of me is expecting it to be the curtain raiser for the new season on a Friday night :lol: