Nick Pope: "on track" for return before end of season (Hope)

Rich

Just now, Rich said:

Can’t be having my man on page two after yet another clean sheet. His sweeping was immense, as per, and bar that one for Trippier his quick distribution was top.

Hope he retires here after 10 seasons of service.

It got hairy near the end but Pope was excellent as always. 

On 07/01/2023 at 01:13, Tiresias said:

Banner idea - mock up the iconic Hatem Ben Arfa Hope poster but with Pope and it just says Pope. Would be a very niche joke

Fuck me that's great :)

Also, I can breathe easy when he's in nets.  The difference between him and Dubravka is night and day - you can see how much more composed a back line is with him behind it.  Yes, obviously Schar, Trippier and BDB are better than Manquillo, Lewis and Lascelles - but I don't think we lose to Sheff Wed with Pope in goal

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don't think we lose to Sheff Wed with Pope in goal

He would’ve at least put some effort in for their two goals and given himself a chance. 

Edited by cubaricho

9 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

21 games, 13 clean sheets :lol:

That is absolutely ridiculous, who does he think he is?

22 games I think, and also only conceded 12 in the other 9 games, which is equally impressive, as 5 of those were against City and Liverpool*

5 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

22 games I think, and also only conceded 12 in the other 9 games, which is equally impressive, as 5 of those were against City and Liverpool*

21 according to Wiki and Transfermarkt 

18 in the league, 3 in the Cup. 11 conceded in total.

Either way he’s absolutely class. It's a team effort obviously, but he's had some really big saves, often when he's had nothing to do for an hour as well.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I think another element to our success in keeping clean sheets alongside Pope’s outstanding ability, our defensive shape and quality, and how much the rest of the team tracks back to stop attacks building is the fact that because we restrict teams to few chances they snatch at them more. Take a look at the chances Vardy had last night, when players know they have to score because they might not get another chance they put more pressure on themselves and are less likely to score 

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Defenders as much as him really, but still:

What's special for Pope and our backline in general is the situational awareness they have of each other. Pope is phenomenal at coming off his line when he see's an opportunity to help out our CB's. Keepers build confidence in your backline, Pope is the signing of the summer for me. :clap: