Nick Pope

Rich

Howe said Pope's dislocated his shoulder before and had an operation. How long was he out previously does anyone know?

Edit: 162 days apparently. So probably out for the season pretty much.

Edited by Sean

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Howe said Pope's dislocated his shoulder before and had an operation. How long was he out previously does anyone know?

According to TransferMarkt he missed 162 days and 34 games with a shoulder injury in the 18/19 season with Burnley 

Feel for him mind, his reputation went down the pan this over the last year, but he has been great for us last few weeks and could probably have been back in contention for his England spot before today.

Pope’s been quality recently, and he’s definitely out until the New Year with that, but this is why keeping a PL quality GK as a backup is necessary for a club with ambition.  I wasn’t ever in the camp that Dubravka was one of the better keepers in the division, but I do think he’s PL quality. 

Dubravka is about as best a number 2 you could hope for. He'll be disappointed with the result last night, but hopefully he has the mentality to bounce back for the Milan and Everton matches.

Pope will be a big miss like, goes without saying.

Edited by Kid Icarus

It's terrible luck for Nick, but also a chance for Dubs to rise to the occasion, like Lascelles has done.

His early form for us was great, and I'd back him to recapture that. It's an exciting time to play in this side.