James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

It's felt like Bazunu let everything in for most of the season too. All of the bottom on three can blame poor goalkeeping for a lot of their problems IMO.

Yeah, arguably the three worst keepers in the league I’d say. 

26 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Aye, no idea where this supposed poor attitude comes from.

Cos he's a good/confident player with a fancy haircut.  Most people never bothered to watch his interviews etc

23 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The goals, assists and unlocking defenses. I'm not saying to play him over Joelinton when our backs are against the wall and we're not dominating possession or anything. He's someone you play when you're dominating but can't find that key pass or shot.

Watching him this season he looks like he thought he was the only player who could save them, which resulted in him keeping the ball much too long. 

I don't think there are any weaknesses in his game that couldn't be coached out of him tbh. The main worry I have about him is that according to Leicester fans he's a bit of a choker when it comes to crucial parts of the season.

He does choke, takes his foot off when he thinks he's arrived, tries to do too much by himself and wants the headlines. With him in his mid 20s I'm not sure that can be coached out of him, as that's his game. 

I'm on the fence. I know i sound more for a pass on him, I was the same for Gordon (would have him over Gordon) but just weighing it up for us from my view. 

One thing I remind others and myself is this club is no longer ran by fools, we now have some of the best in the biz pulling the strings and they know far more than us. Mind, I draw the line at mctimmy but that's more to do with giving manure money.

I think there's a keeper in Meslier still though. Needs to get out of Leeds as he's on a hiding to nothing. Ramsdale had similar numbers at Bournemouth and Sheff Utd before going to Arsenal, Pickford in his one season in the Sunderland side before moving to Everton.

Honestly I watched him several times this season and he seems to be all about him, takes just foot off the gas, a bit complacent and lethargic. Can't see him pressing. He just doesn't feel like a good fit. 

His performances I've seen at the end of this season have reminded me a lot of Gerrard in the Chelsea match after the slip.

Just hell-for-leather trying to save the day on his own. And in doing so, completely ruining better chances to score and putting his team under pressure. A thin line between viewing that as him making it all about himself, trying to be a superhero, and taking responsibility/grabbing hold of the game.

With Maddison the failure means it'll be viewed negatively, probably rightfully so regardless of any good intentions.

30 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

The Leicester fans seem to think he is a bit of a Shelvey, has bags of technical ability and unplayable on his day but his days are too infrequent.

Sounds about right tbh, based on this season anyway. You do wonder though if he's not putting it all in because he's not feeling Leicester any more. I honestly don't think Howe would be in for him if he thought he was lazy. Look what he did for Willock's game.

32 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

The Leicester fans seem to think he is a bit of a Shelvey, has bags of technical ability and unplayable on his day but his days are too infrequent.

Not that stats are everything, but his numbers in that side this season suggest he has a lot of good days 

1 hour ago, Sempiternal said:

Saw a stat this morning that Meslier was in the bottom 3 for expected saves, and that’s even without the eye test. Danny Ward was also horrendous for Leicester. If either one of them

had Pickford they’d have stayed up imo, and I don’t even rate him that highly 

If Pickford gets a move to say Spurs, Everton could be in big trouble again next season. FFP means they won't be able to get many new players in.

Given how good the rest of their recruitment is, its likely Brighton will find a good keeper and will challenge again. Getting a better keeper could be more of a plus than losing Mac Allister is a minus.

I’m guessing those who have some bias against him probably assume the classic “if he’s so good why are they going down?” Line of thought which is totally bollocks. 

His defense, his goalkeeper, his aging mid and attack killed him. They’d prob have been fine over the haul if Rodgers wasn’t booted either.  

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

i sat with 4 Leicester fans pre match on Monday. I asked 'is he as good as everyone thinks he is'.

'He's better' was their answer.

I’d be really disappointed if our budget is around the £100m mark like I’d suggest and we spend £40-50 of that on him. 

It doesn’t seem like the Ashworth model at all. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Lineker was full of praise for him on MOTD last night as well. 

That's all I need to hear tbh, when the insiders at Leciester tell you how good he is, they'll be a lot more informed than people on here.

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

I’d be really disappointed if our budget is around the £100m mark like I’d suggest and we spend £40-50 of that on him. 

It doesn’t seem like the Ashworth model at all. 

In fairness, this has to be Dan Ashworth Mark II, as much as Brighton have done fantastically well... I don't want the same model here.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

I’m guessing those who have some bias against him probably assume the classic “if he’s so good why are they going down?” Line of thought which is totally bollocks. 

His defense, his goalkeeper, his aging mid and attack killed him. They’d prob have been fine over the haul if Rodgers wasn’t booted either.  

I'd guess it's watching him several times. Definitely talented but I'm not sure he does (or rather can do) the other stuff we require....... but if those that make those decisions want it I'm more than happy to go along with it 

Tug of war between us and Spurs apparently. Sounds slightly obvious but if he takes the move to spurs in the state they’re in now purely for the London factor then it shows his character and we don’t want him here anyway. 

4 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Aye, no idea where this supposed poor attitude comes from.

From Leicester fans on FoxesTalk from the last few months: 

“It beggers belief that some clubs will buy our players because the way they have acted the last couple of months is totally unprofessional”

“Madders is coasting to his move. No effort or desire at all. Not interested in saving us because mentally he has moved on.”

“He needs to be gone. He’s been crap for a while. Lots of fancy Dan solo wandering”

“Tottenham is the perfect club for him they don’t show up either when the going gets tough either! Ever since his England call up for the World Cup he’s head ain’t been here he’s been poor”

“I'll not be too sorry to lose this show pony.  I won't miss him sat on his backside with his arms in the air appealing for a foul, his slow walks to take a corner or his pirouettes wasting time when others have made promising runs. He's a talented player without doubt but currently provides very little.”

“Way him, Tielemans, Soumare, Ndidi, n Barnes played yesterday cant wait to see the back of them”