James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Wonder if the old Christmas tree may be afoot if he does join. Ed-Tel rustling up memories of times gone by. Wilson with Maddison and Hateboy free rolling off him a bit like we had under Rafa with Perez and Miguelito. 

had to read this like 7 times to get your random word choices :lol:

One would hope that something like 50m + add ons might do it. Even at 60m I think he’d be worth it. Quality player who will also raise the game and belief in our other players. Would be absolutely massive signing in so many ways. 

Refusing to get invested as it would be such a decent signing. Be a big statement of intent, Leicester are currently seen as being way ahead of us in their 'project' right now. For Maddison to leave that to come to us puts a marker down, be our biggest show of intent yet imo.

A year ago we went to Leicester for Choudhury on loan and wouldn't pay the fee. Just bid 40m for Maddison and expected to go back in. Enjoy it!

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

To me it feels like if this deal has any chance of happening then it probably needs to be done reasonably quickly.

Yeah. I think sides are more than happy to go right to the end of the window for players coming in from other leagues. Neither side (nor the player I imagine) wants constant speculation on their future while the season is going on. Think one way or another this one will be resolved this week. 

14 hours ago, Ikon said:

Rodger’s actually said “it’s not up to be to put a value” but…

Rodgers is the only person at Leicester whose opinion counts for nothing. He's barely even the manager these days, more of a caretaker. I bet their fans can't stand him.

12 hours ago, McCormick said:

Gents, don’t do this to yourselves. We’re not getting Maddison. And no, I’m not watching his YouTube compilations right this second and assessing whether or not he has the work-rate to play in an Eddie Howe midfield 3 or if he should be deployed on the rw, tucking in.

I'm not watching any youtube videos just yet, but this has to happen IMO. Leicester must behave in a logical manner and take our money. This isn't Spain where you can hold onto players just because the owner's a huffy twat.

A couple of reporters have now said that we weren't happy with it being leaked and it came from the Leicester end. You've got to think it was either Leicester trying to create a bidding war or alternatively show their fans how hard they're trying to keep him. Either way it sounds like he's available at he right price.

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Rodgers is the only person at Leicester whose opinion counts for nothing. He's barely even the manager these days, more of a caretaker. I bet their fans can't stand him.

Two 5th place finishes and an FA Cup. He should have the freedom of the city. They were becoming a Southampton/Palace/pre-takeover Newcastle before he came in.

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

What is this nonsense :lol:

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

A couple of reporters have now said that we weren't happy with it being leaked and it came from the Leicester end. You've got to think it was either Leicester trying to create a bidding war or alternatively show their fans how hard they're trying to keep him. Either way it sounds like he's available at he right price.

Same agency as Wood and Trippier as well so we’ve probably been given some form of  feeling that a deal can go ahead.

Edited by McCormick

25 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Two 5th place finishes and an FA Cup. He should have the freedom of the city. They were becoming a Southampton/Palace/pre-takeover Newcastle before he came in.

He was pretty close to getting the sack last season from what I recall. Leicester were in freefall for a while and fans tend to have short memories. Whatever he achieved in the past won't mean much if they aren't performing currently.

22 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Same agency as Wood and Trippier as well so we’ve probably been given some form of  feeling that a deal can go ahead.

Did not know this and this is huge. Have to assume we’ve been given the nod that a deal is there for us AND crucially they aren’t going to use us to get Maddison a better deal at Leicester. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Did not know this and this is huge. Have to assume we’ve been given the nod that a deal is there for us AND crucially they aren’t going to use us to get Maddison a better deal at Leicester. 

We also can safely assume that Maddison wants to come, bigger club, manager who isn't a self-aggrandising arsehole....there's loads of reasons why he might be favouring a move north.

Surely Leicester have already reached and passed their peak, too?

I genuinely have no clue how much weight footballers give anything other than the obvious stuff like money and playing time, but he'd be leaving a club you'd imagine were only on a downward trajectory for one that (crossing everything) has its best days ahead of it in the not too distant future.

Do people think there's much leverage/pull in that?