James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

34 minutes ago, duo said:

I like Maddison but for me he lacks consistency - hits purple patches.  That said he has premier league experience and look what Howe did with Big Joe. Pacqueta would be AMAZING but does he even want to come here? I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with the signing of Maddison - the opposite in fact.

Paquet also lacks consistency. Strikers and playmaker tend to blow hot and cold, it's not uncommon. 12 goals and 8 assist for a midfielder is an excellent return across a season.

14 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Just been on a foxes forum, they seem fairly confident of keeping him, reason's include he has just had a kid, settled in the area, has a big house and who the fuck are Newcastle!, they are all saying he is worth north of £100m, there are one or two who seem a bit worried but I don't think they see us as a rival......yet 😁

We’d say the same if Bruno was linked away tbf.

£40m is pretty low tbh but who ever accepts the first offer? They'll have a price and it'll probably be fairly high and it's fair enough as he's quality. It's up to us to creep towards the price until the number becomes big enough for them to agree to it. 

Who on earth says "right, what do you want for Maddison?"......"£60m. Not a penny less"......"ok, here's £60m and we'll give you another £10m next summer just to make sure". It's the very start of negotiating a deal, for all we know things could have happened today that haven't even made the press yet. 

Leicester have to sell a big name every summer to ensure their business model works; see Mahrez, Kante, Carthorse, Chilwell. Last season they gambled they could break the top 4 after a strong season the season before and didn’t sell anyone of note, obviously this didn’t pay off. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do sell two this summer to compensate especially as it’s pretty telling they’ve not signed anyone yet. You’d think they’d prefer to fuck Tielemans off though since he seems like he’ll be happy to run his deal down if not.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Wheres all the confidence coming from for this happening

Hit me with some

He's got 2 years left on his contract. Take £40m now or £20m next year. It's that simple.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

He's got 2 years left on his contract. Take £40m now or £20m next year. It's that simple.

He’s also of an age where he can step into our project and stay here long term winning a few more trophies.

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

He’s also of an age where he can step into our project and stay here long term winning a few more trophies.

I mean… I know an England have just won a trophy, against the Germans, but are we going completely confidence crazy? 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

I mean… I know an England have just won a trophy, against the Germans, but are we going completely confidence crazy? 

Well he’s a FA cup winner and Charity Shield winner.

Were going to be looking to win something in the next 5-10 years.