James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The only other point to make is if his contract is that close to finishing, every chance he’s in negotiations to renew it and this’ll be an agent working hard to get the best deal.

It was reported a couple of hours before news of our bid broke that Leicester wanted to offer him a new deal.

You can’t sit at leciester and think “aye we’re going to go up from here - there’s more to this project” and no offense to them either but in terms of a project, we’re dead set in gate crashing that top 6 where Leicester (while incredible what they have and continue to do) know their model depends on recycling 

Generally speaking they do get top whack when they sell...

Kante £35 million 

Drinkwater £35 million 

Mahrez £60 million 

Maguire £80 million 

Chilwell £45 million 

Only Kante went cheap really and I have no idea what his contract situation looked like.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Kante £35 million 

Drinkwater £35 million 

Mahrez £60 million 

Maguire £80 million 

Chilwell £45 million 

Only Kante went cheap really and I have no idea what his contract situation looked like.

He had a release clause in I think, since then they have stopped putting them in their players contracts. Think that’s why you are seeing the likes of Maddison and Tielemans run down their deals.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Kante £35 million 

Drinkwater £35 million 

Mahrez £60 million 

Maguire £80 million 

Chilwell £45 million 

The Kante sale was before the Neymar transfer to PSG, which is the transfer that has since massively inflated player prices.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Kante £35 million 

Drinkwater £35 million 

Mahrez £60 million 

Maguire £80 million 

Chilwell £45 million 

Kante’s £35m was a decent fee at the time- the same window Mane, Sane, and David Luiz moved for similar amounts (and Sissoko to Spurs).

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Us debating how much more our next bid should be that inevitably gets rejected. 

Jesus Christ man [emoji38]

Could've got a job under Ashley him!

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Everyone watch Maddison goal comp for 21/22, who still wants Paqueta? 

Can't argue that he is certainly impressive. He is one of those players that has perhaps been consistent for ao many seasons now (I'm terms of goals/assists/performances) that it'll take a move away for him to get into the next level ie. England and regular Champions League football.

In regards to him or Paqueta it is a difficult decsion that ultimately I'm pleased I don't have to make because they both have advantages over the other in certain areas.

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Someone on twitter posted a video of Rodgers saying similar about chilwell. Was sold a month later.....

Old madders  on his social media looking forward to the start of the season at the KP stadium as well

Nowts genuine thesedays

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

£80m for Maguire… no wonder they’re playing hardball. 

Yes but that was a watershed moment, every club so desperate to get the next Van Dijk, Leicester just had to hold firm for a few weeks and then they massively overpaid. It was a free lesson to be learned by every other club.

Gents, don’t do this to yourselves. We’re not getting Maddison. And no, I’m not watching his YouTube compilations right this second and assessing whether or not he has the work-rate to play in an Eddie Howe midfield 3 or if he should be deployed on the rw, tucking in.

Edited by McCormick

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Gents, don’t do this to yourselves. We’re not getting Paqueta. And no, I’m not watching his YouTube compilations right this second and assessing whether or not he has the work-rate to play in an Eddie Howe midfield 3 or if he should be deployed in the rw, tucking in.

And... :D

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Yes but that was a watershed moment, every club so desperate to get the next Van Dijk, Leicester just had to hold firm for a few weeks and then they massively overpaid. It was a free lesson to be learned by every other club.

Perfect storm. What you said. Also, English. Man United.

Edited by gazza ladra

Wonder if the old Christmas tree may be afoot if he does join. Ed-Tel rustling up memories of times gone by. Wilson with Maddison and Hateboy free rolling off him a bit like we had under Rafa with Perez and Miguelito.