James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

On 30/07/2022 at 19:51, midds said:

Don't think you go in with £40m then just drop it immediately once they, correctly, reject it out of hand. If they were prepared to drop 40 then they'll be back in this week with 48+. Once the numbers get that big then a deal becomes more likely as the 2 sides edge closer. Not saying it'll definitely happen but this is the start of it, not the end of it imo

I'll stand by this tbh

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not really bogus, they had a takeover before the takeover that got them to mid-table and already had some decent players by then, most notably Kompany, but they also had Hart, Corluka, Richards, Elano, Michael Johnson, Wright-Phillips, Sturridge and Schmeichel.

I specifically remember an away game at Aston Villa- possibly their first of the season, in the season they got taken over- where they got hammered and their fans were praised for their defiance in the face of it. It was not the smooth process to domestic dominance that it is now being presented as. They were fucked and got lucky, just like us.  

5 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I always find people more angry and more wound tight on other forums. This place is relatively chilled.

Think it's the Ashley effect, we became pretty good at laughing at ourselves. :lol:

Edited by Pata

Maddison quite often played on the right of a front 3 for Leicester, albeit in a 5-2-3. Would still work in our set up with Trippier providing the width, which is more or less how we played in the first half against Benfica. I think he'd be a tremendous statement signing.

2 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

Maddison quite often played on the right of a front 3 for Leicester, albeit in a 5-2-3. Would still work in our set up with Trippier providing the width, which is more or less how we played in the first half against Benfica. I think he'd be a tremendous statement signing.

£50m Almiron reserve seems excessive!

Just now, midds said:

If (big if) we got him then do you think Howe would switch to a 4-2-3-1 with a double pivot of Bruno and Joelinton? Or do you just put him on the right of the midfield 3? 

The latter. I think we'd drop into a 4-3-3 on the ball, then off it Targett drops in, Trippier pushes up and it's more of a 3-4-3ish.

Cant take much more of this, announce it already.

14 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye, we have our fair share of whoppers but some of the things you read on other forums is absolutely astounding. :lol:

To be honest I think the years of rubbish we experienced under Ashley have grounded the majorit

12 minutes ago, Pata said:

Think it's the Ashley effect, we became pretty good at laughing ourselves. :lol:

This, years of failure brings a certain level of humility to a fanbase.

Edited by pubteam

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Not sure they owe us for Perez, the only person I have seen reporting this is that whopper Sean Casey 

They met the release clause, then we accepted installed payments over 4 years (I remember thinking at the time WTF? But Rafa had just left and all the wheels were coming off) We're 3 year in to that, so there will be some left over.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Dubs plus the £8m owed for Perez will go along way to sealing this. It probably will be £45m cash plus those 2 extras. Works for me.

There is not a chance they owe us nearly a 3rd of the fee 4 years later. Come on