James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

23 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Just a personal bias. I like Aouar a lot and personally would get him at a third of what we're looking to pay for Maddison, but that's just me.

Maddison is quality and would be a top signing. I just hope it doesn't mean we don't spend as much on a striker and right winger, or abandon those altogether for now.

If we're prepared to pay £50m for proven quality, there's no need to gamble in that market.

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

No problem I get it. Aouar and Brandt are just two players I like a lot personally, and they both happen to be available at great value this summer. Nothing against Maddison who is a baller too. But it seems we are prioritising Prem experience to add goals and assists to the team, which is fair enough.

If Leicester do add Aouar as a replacement, I'll be very nervous about how well he does for them in comparison, because I think his potential is huge, and he's still a couple of years younger than Maddison.

I agree with you on a lot but no way Aouar could match Maddison's attacking output in the prem.

Aouar and Maddison are very different types of players, although they would occupy the same position.

Aouar is better at dribbling (which is saying a lot), but I don't think he'll ever get to Maddison's level when it comes to shooting and passing.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Worst thing about that whole saga is if Ashley just gave paid the going rate at the time for Carr’s first choice picks, we’d have made huge profits on the players he recommended.

Ashley prevented us from being successful at his own transfer policy.

You're talking about a business man who alienated his entire customer base, reducing attendance by 10k-20k over the course of 15 years to the point people refused to buy anything related to Mike Ashley. 

3 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I agree with you on a lot but no way Aouar could match Maddison's attacking output in the prem.

Aouar and Maddison are very different types of players, although they would occupy the same position.

Aouar is better at dribbling (which is saying a lot), but I don't think he'll ever get to Maddison's level when it comes to shooting and passing.

Madison is fantastic with the ball at his feet. 

33 minutes ago, STM said:

Again just mothballing but let's say we think 50m is right on the edge of what we are willing to pay, we might allow a player to leave in order to replenish our funds.

It's all pie in the sky but there's always a knock on effect.

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

Yes, I agree with you. I don't think he would match his output straight away at all, but he would improve us in that area with the potential to grow further. That was more what I was saying.

And you're right it would be in a very different way. Aouar is more dynamic on the ball like you said, and he creates more with through balls that open up teams, he also gets his goals more by getting into the box, rather than shooting from outside of the box like Maddison does.

Maddison would be class man, so I hate to come across like I have an issue with the guy. I just hope we will still have more funds to spend on the striker position in particular, and that would be perfect then.

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Madison is fantastic with the ball at his feet. 

He's decent with the ball, but Aouar has more flair in that department, he skins folks and leaves them behind. He's just a more dynamic dribbler that's all. 

10 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

When's this getting announced then? The way we seem to drag out transfers, I'm going with next Wednesday.

The way this is trending with press comments Leicester will get murdered if they accepted the rumored bid. Lots of factors though. 

Leicester will want it sorted quickly so they can spend. So for them it's whether Chelsea are really serious or as serious about Fofana as we are Maddison and who is easier to lose and replace. If they weren't needing some funds and other players wanted I could see it drag out until near the end of the window but I think it could be sorted this week or mid next. 

Makes more sense to sell Maddison given his contract situation. As others mentioned he might not actually fancy re-signing with Leicesters short term future (at least) looking a little bit wobbly. There is no doubt where we are wanting to head and hopefully heading. This is the time to cash in for Leicester.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's decent with the ball, but Aouar has more flair in that department, he skins folks and leaves them behind. He's just a more dynamic dribbler that's all. 

Yeah but will he score 10+ goals and get enough assists to mean he directly contributes to 20 league goals?

Just now, Numbers said:

According to that forum we are 4 transfer windows away from them, does anyone want to sign up and let them know we finished 3 points behind them despite a brucey bonus 14 game start.

Seems like something a Mackem would do tbh so no, let's just prove it on the pitch.