Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Sangare getting glowing reports tonight.

From BBC -

‘Ibrahim Sangare has been outstanding for PSV. He's possibly one of the most composed players I've ever seen. A fantastic performance’.

He is an unbelievable player who I'm amazed wasn't snapped up earlier in the Summer when he had a ridiculously affordable release clause (around €25m I believe). He has since signed a new deal with no release clause. Make no mistake, he will be bossing a top 6 midfield at some point in the near future.

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Sangare getting glowing reports tonight.

From BBC -

‘Ibrahim Sangare has been outstanding for PSV. He's possibly one of the most composed players I've ever seen. A fantastic performance’.

Part of a midfield which surrendered territory at will, then pressed late.  Might be bad coaching, but Rangers had loads of space in his area.

6 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

I have a really annoying feeling we'll get nee-one now. I am antsy as fuck.

Same, I'll be more surprised if we do sign anyone than if we don't, at this stage. 

I thought it was odd that they refer him as “Swedish-Eritrean,” as he was born and raised in Sweden and played exclusively for Swedish youth and senior national teams.

Then checked the source. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Imagine getting that close. Be like Michelle Keegan giving you the come to bed eyes, but she asks you to put the bins out before coming up to bed and you just sit there in the living room by yourself for the rest of the night thinking about how its not even bin day.

Yeah, so close to Kevin Keegan, but not quite.

57 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Not the least bit interested in Isak at any price, much less £47m

So I wonder what number he'll get.

A timley reminder we could do worse than signing nobody else

I feel it's a missed opportunity if we don't sign anybody, we have to keep the momentum going.  We have clear gaps that need addressing - notably upfront and if we don't address them we are leaving ourselves short. 

On 15/08/2022 at 02:29, The College Dropout said:

Always injured.

Really liked him a few seasons ago. Got into a great groove. Not got close to that since.

Hasnt been given a chance. He is still Chelsea's most efficient player in attack by a country mile. Tuchel just doesnt rate him all that much.  His injury worries are muscle related and he hasnt had a muscle injury since he came back to soon from the 2021 FA Cup final against Arsenal. He did  have an injury last year at the beginning from a ugly challenge in a US-Honduras qualifier. 

Lets compare this to Gordon for a second. By the same age Pulisic had played in numerous Champions league contests including a dominant performance in the Bernabeu where he was MOTM at 18. His first year in the Prem (at age 20 to 21) he had 9 goals and 4 assists while his crucial restart form saved Chelsea's champions league qualification by 2 points. Without his run in they dont qualify to the Champions league that they won and he played a big role in. Tuchel just sees him as a sub in a system that doesnt use wingers.

He plays both wings and can even play underneath a striker (hell he started at striker for Chelsea against Juve in a big win). 

My perfect scenario is you buy Gallagher now and get Pulisic in on a loan/buy option so that can go on to next year.  Pulisic just needs playing time. He played a fraction of the minutes Kai Havertz played for Chelsea last year and had like one less goal in under 1k minutes  as an attacker (he played wingback a few times). I think that double move would be a massive boon for this club and with Gallagher at 22 years old and Pulisic at 23 years old a real statement of intent, once again. 

I've said it before, but I fully support the club trying to get to 6th/7th without paying anyone over 150k a week. I do think its possible and a realistic goal for this season. Kicking on from there to get into the CL will need players on higher wages. I see it as inevitable. 

If things aren't going our way with three days or so left in the window, then yes, throw the wage structure out to get the player(s) we need. However, they have to be worth the potential resentment this is going to create among the squad. The window closes with five games played, and I think it would also be worth revising our targets and goals at that point. If we have eight points or more, with two games against the top two and Brighton and Wolves away out of the way, I think European places this season becomes a genuine possibility.

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'd be amazed if we signed no one like, even if its a loan to tie us over.

Yeah I would think we could do a couple of loan deals fairly easily. For example, even if we can't get Pulisic here, we could probably then get Hudson Odoi on loan. Not ideal maybe, but still a big upgrade on Almiron.

If we spend any money on a permanent deal I would think it would be on a striker.

Problem with loans from the better if you will clubs, they'll want daft loan fees as we saw with Man Utd and Jesse Lingard.

Hopefully not, but high loan fees will negate the benefits in minds of our club possibly.

We’re getting to the point of the window where it becomes difficult for clubs, we are seeking to buy from, to replace players who they presumably weren’t planning to sell. This requirement of potential sellers being willing to weaken their squads, along with many supposed targets already gone, does not create an environment in which we are likely to pick up bargains or even value for money (VfM) signings. 

That leaves players who selling clubs don’t need or want, as they have already strengthened, or teams who want to reduce numbers, get rid of malcontents, or lessen the wage bill  (the three Chelsea possibilities). Or are made an offer they can’t refuse.

So it may come to the point of acknowledging we gave the VfM strategy a good go but we have to overpay/meet inflated expectations. (… there’s always horse’s heads in beds!). Guessing/hoping the real issue here is the extent the new decision makers really want to push on this season.

I think we are really close to a squad capable to challenge for European football and give ‘anyone’ a one-off beating in a cup game. Obviously our ambition and level of patience as fans— with no reputational risk of bad decisions, or balancing books, keeping existing squad happy, committing to future problems by stretching a wage structure—isn’t as tempered as the collective leadership structure at SJP. If they are genuinely content to consolidate, have a safe season, build again next year, then they won’t stretch. Simple as that. The benefits don’t outweigh the costs involved. 

I’d like to say I am easy either way; we should all be easy either way. Just trust them.  It would be the right thing to feel and to say. Thing is though, I think we are so thirsty after such a long quality-drought and so keen to keep momentum, and new stars happy and involved, that we want further improvement now. We are close; teams are there for the overtaking. Next 16 days determines what we can realistically hope for this season. Let’s hope we stretch ourselves; literally reach for the stars. 

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

We’re getting to the point of the window where it becomes difficult for clubs, we are seeking to buy from, to replace players who they presumably weren’t planning to sell. This requirement of potential sellers being willing to weaken their squads, along with many supposed targets already gone, does not create an environment in which we are likely to pick up bargains or even value for money (VfM) signings. 

That leaves players who selling clubs don’t need or want, as they have already strengthened, or teams who want to reduce numbers, get rid of malcontents, or lessen the wage bill  (the three Chelsea possibilities). Or are made an offer they can’t refuse.

So it may come to the point of acknowledging we gave the VfM strategy a good go but we have to overpay/meet inflated expectations. (… there’s always horse’s heads in beds!). Guessing/hoping the real issue here is the extent the new decision makers really want to push on this season.

I think we are really close to a squad capable to challenge for European football and give ‘anyone’ a one-off beating in a cup game. Obviously our ambition and level of patience as fans— with no reputational risk of bad decisions, or balancing books, keeping existing squad happy, committing to future problems by stretching a wage structure—isn’t as tempered as the collective leadership structure at SJP. If they are genuinely content to consolidate, have a safe season, build again next year, then they won’t stretch. Simple as that. The benefits don’t outweigh the costs involved. 

I’d like to say I am easy either way; we should all be easy either way. Just trust them.  It would be the right thing to feel and to say. Thing is though, I think we are so thirsty after such a long quality-drought and so keen to keep momentum, and new stars happy and involved, that we want further improvement now. We are close; teams are there for the overtaking. Next 16 days determines what we can realistically hope for this season. Let’s hope we stretch ourselves; literally reach for the stars. 

Could you expand upon that at all?