Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Yeah. I guess, finances might dictate this, but I'd rather have a Pulisic and a Maddison, keeping Bruno as the DM.

I was leaning towards this before, but I 've gone the other way now.

I think when teams sit deep like Forest did. I'd rather have him further up in more dangerous positions looking to make things happen.

And then against Brighton where they used the ball so well. I didn't really like him as our last line of defence in midfield. Think we can do with a more physical, aggressive and combative presence in there, who can use the ball well enough to just rotate the ball and find the midfielders ahead of him that then initiate chances.

Just now, KaKa said:

I was leaning towards this before, but I 've gone the other way now.

I think when teams sit deep like Forest did. I'd rather have him further up in more dangerous positions looking to make things happen.

And then against Brighton where they used the ball so well. I didn't really like him as our last line of defence in midfield. Think we can do with a more physical, aggressive and combative presence in there, who can use the ball well enough to just rotate the ball and find the midfielders ahead of him that then initiate chances.

He made things happen against Forest from a DM position. His position on the pitch is dependent upon the gameplan. I think Forest sitting deep did a good job of nullifying everything he made happen due to the lack of an extra attacker in the box. 

I can certainly see the argument, and right now he's the best option for both positions, I just think we'd get more out of him with another attacker than with another defender.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

He made things happen against Forest from a DM position. His position on the pitch is dependent upon the gameplan. I think Forest sitting deep did a good job of nullifying everything he made happen due to the lack of an extra attacker in the box. 

I can certainly see the argument, and right now he's the best option for both positions, I just think we'd get more out of him with another attacker than with another defender.

I agree about Forest, but it was partly because they were sitting that deep he could still create from DM. I'd like him to have even more freedom.

But I understand what you're saying. I just see it differently.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I agree about Forest, but it was partly because they were sitting that deep he could still create from DM. I'd like him to have even more freedom.

But I understand what you're saying. I just see it differently.

Sure, but we need to create that freedom for him. I think our high press allows him to operate in the positions we want him to, but against teams like Forest it can backfire if he's too advanced, which I think at times we were. But luckily our advanced position allowed Schar to do what he did.

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’m confused. So this Alvarez character is a defensive, deep lying midfield player? 

Against Chelsea a few years back ...

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

I’m confused. So this Alvarez character is a defensive, deep lying midfield player? 

Who cares? He's not coming here, his club have already said they won't sell before the world cup.

11 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Sure, but we need to create that freedom for him. I think our high press allows him to operate in the positions we want him to, but against teams like Forest it can backfire if he's too advanced, which I think at times we were. But luckily our advanced position allowed Schar to do what he did.

Ah, okay I see what you're saying about being too advanced.

I think Bruno when he has played in that position tends to be more of a roaming playmaker and so doesn't just stay further up the pitch. He finds space to influence the game without having to worry about holding his position. So I was thinking more of that kind of free role really.

Guest reefatoon

Aye if anyone was in two minds about coming, hopefully they watched that. Maddison is already penning his transfer request.

28 minutes ago, Elephant said:

We need 3-4 players in, our subs are horrible.

Sell Wood now, please! Maybe some club is stupid enough to buy him. He’s absolutely useless.

I cannot believe after a game like that. 

This is what someone is inspired to post. I mean fair play to you man. You are misery and misery is you.

Edited by KaKa

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I cannot believe after a game like that. 

This is what someone is inspired to post. I mean fair play to you man. You are misery and misery is you.

We played excellent football and we have a chance to be really high this season, if we get the right players in.

Absolutely brilliant performance which shows that we have a really high potential with this manager and this starting XI.

It’s you own misery that you thought something like that. I’m sure many thought like me, that we have such a great potential here that with few great additions and we are pure class. With better players in we would have won that game.

Edit. It’s my bad actually, should have been more positive.

Edited by Elephant

Just now, Elephant said:

We played excellent football and we have a chance to be really high this season, if we get the right players in.

Absolutely brilliant performance which shows that we have a really high potential with this manager and this starting XI.

Yes, this is true. Lets allow them to do their work. I'm sure they know further improvement is needed. It is coming in time.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Yorkie said:

PLEASE add to this. We could do something great this season.

Definitely. 2 or 3 players in would enhance us so much more, just by giving extra options off the bench that could then offer something.