Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

19 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Jack Harrison would have been a great signing, getting more rave reviews tonight from BBC.

‘Tell you what, Jack Harrison is a hell of a player. 

He's giving Nathan Patterson a torrid time. Although the Scottish international has played well, he's just never been given a rest in this second half’.

I don't know what game the BBC were watching then, since Patterson played really well and got MOTM on BT :lol:

55 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Jack Harrison would have been a great signing, getting more rave reviews tonight from BBC.

‘Tell you what, Jack Harrison is a hell of a player. 

He's giving Nathan Patterson a torrid time. Although the Scottish international has played well, he's just never been given a rest in this second half’.

I thought he was the worst player on the pitch in the second half and Patterson completely nullified. Every corner hit the first man too. :lol:

Edited by Pata

Sorry, late to catch up on the Howe presser. So he was very cagey and all but confirmed he is not expecting anyone more coming in or if they are they will be loans.

However, A few things he mentioned over the past week or so have made me feel he is much more in the dark than I expected. Seems he didn't know much about the Isak transfer, wasn't involved in the talks to sell the club to the player and was only involved once the player got here. He has admitted to concentrating on coaching and not knowing the transfer status of players too. 

The not being involved at all in the Isak transfer seemed weird but I think it's a natural transition to the new system. Also gives me fools hope we will add another player yet this window!

I'm assuming Eddie will discuss players, and have a list of players he wants. Then he leaves the transfers down to others, I'd be amazed if anyone we've brought in wasn't a player he wanted. 

6 hours ago, Adam said:

I'm assuming Eddie will discuss players, and have a list of players he wants. Then he leaves the transfers down to others, I'd be amazed if anyone we've brought in wasn't a player he wanted. 

Without knowing anything about the current people running the football side of the club this has to be true, the amount of time Howe spends training he won't have time to sort out deals.

6 hours ago, toontownman said:

Sorry, late to catch up on the Howe presser. So he was very cagey and all but confirmed he is not expecting anyone more coming in or if they are they will be loans.

However, A few things he mentioned over the past week or so have made me feel he is much more in the dark than I expected. Seems he didn't know much about the Isak transfer, wasn't involved in the talks to sell the club to the player and was only involved once the player got here. He has admitted to concentrating on coaching and not knowing the transfer status of players too. 

The not being involved at all in the Isak transfer seemed weird but I think it's a natural transition to the new system. Also gives me fools hope we will add another player yet this window!

I'm pretty sure they are keeping him updated on the status of transfers :lol: 

Obviously he can't discuss ongoing business so it's easiest to say he doesnt know whats happening. 

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

There’s potentially so many ‘dominoes falling’ in the next 35 hours, wonder if any pleasant surprises will topple our way? 

Think there is the potential for Chelsea to panic and spunk another 50-60m on a player. Depending on position could make Gallagher or Pulisic available. Seems like Pulisic is thrilled about a season on the bench.

Somethings got to budged today, especially for a permanent signing. Might be able to sneak a loan or two within 24hrs tomorrow but surely need to hear something fairly concrete today if we are going to get a permanent one through the door.

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Think there is the potential for Chelsea to panic and spunk another 50-60m on a player. Depending on position could make Gallagher or Pulisic available. Seems like Pulisic is thrilled about a season on the bench.

Pulisic will be desperate for first team football, captaining his country into the World Cup. Thought he would definitely move, hopefully to us us. But just read some link (from NewsNow) with him banging on about how competitive it is playing each other in training etc.. may be jumping to conclusions but felt very much like he wasn’t expecting a move and was trying to talk up the likelihood of his current situation still being able to prepare him appropriately. 

Think Gordon will go to Chelsea, he looked really good last night.

Pulisic on the other hand was pretty awful every time he got the ball, perhaps trying too hard.

From what people have been saying; Joao pedro looked good and at 21 would be a great talent to nurture here.

At this moment I think we would most benefit with a winger and a defensive midfielder (so bruno can move a little further up). Fingers crossed!

Tielmans is one I can't see happening. Clubs (most of them) are trying to be more shrewd and signing a player like him who will be out of contract in a year and able to sign a pre contract in January would be somewhat foolish I think. 

I'm well satisfied with this window already. We've got a good, balanced squad and an excellent manager. Enough incomings to move us forward, but not too many that the unity of the squad gets upset. The opposite end of the spectrum is Chelsea, who seem to be spending wildly without getting anywhere. The club seems to be out of control, whereas we have a plan.

My only concern has been that we lack a defensive midfield player, but somehow Eddie is able to organise things so we manage without.