Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I don't think they want to add too many players in one go. If the RW and midfielder positions were sorted as we would like, then we'd be looking at a first XI with max 3 of the 'old guard', ASM, Joelinton and Schar?.

That would be mad to pull off in two windows, not sure how our current players would like it suddenly all being bench/squad players. Don't care though, get em in!!

17 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

We needed another midfield / forward option. To have the likes of Jacob Murphy, Ritchie and Wood as our main reserves is poor. It’s like going down to 10 men when one of them is on the pitch.

They are banking on Wilson and Isak both being fit at any given time, which would redule that liklehood.

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

I don't think they want to add too many players in one go. If the RW and midfielder positions were sorted as we would like, then we'd be looking at a first XI with max 3 of the 'old guard', ASM, Joelinton and Schar?.

That would be mad to pull off in two windows, not sure how our current players would like it suddenly all being bench/squad players. Don't care though, get em in!!

Except Howe himself said that he hoped that they could enhance the squad even more. 

Edited by Ikon

Aye, but all of a sudden the Pedro deal was off and look what happened.

If this right back deal has appeared to have fallen through then maybe we'll be getting the modern day equivalent of Cafu (sorry, nee idea who is a good right back these days).

2 minutes ago, Stal said:

Aye, but all of a sudden the Pedro deal was off and look what happened.

If this right back deal has appeared to have fallen through then maybe we'll be getting the modern day equivalent of Cafu (sorry, nee idea who is a good right back these days).

What did? Genuine question, I've paid little attention over the last few hours.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

If Trippier gets injured it could be dicey. Manquillo to the rescue I guess.

Murphy back to RB :harry:

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

something like 13 games to go before January? 

This is exactly it. While there might be some disappointment, with the shortened first half of the season there is no real need to panic grab anyone if we can take the time working deals from now until the January window to bring reinforcements then. A loan or two until January would have been nice but few people are willing to do that to premiership clubs.

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Think he means we signed Isak.

Not sure his timeline is quite right, mind.

You think right. Think my timeline is right, but I mainly go off what I read on here so might be a little out.

Just now, McCormick said:

Gotta admit, I’m just pretty disappointed we didn’t pad the squad out at least.

It's the best two transfer windows in a row this club has had for 2 decades. We will strength January and next summer. We can't have it all our way. We've leapt forward significantly.