Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Regarding targets, look at our modus operandi.. there’s been a few where I think we wanted a deal but it became clear our priorities weren’t available.

Botman was one, however we carried on and eventually got him. Other players we’ve been persistent with in terms of bidding have been Diaby and Maddison of course. That’s not even 6 months old yet so I think we go for both now or in the summer

Ashworth isn’t picking the targets either, it’s Steve Nicksons strategy and if they are the no.1 targets and become available, we’ll go in for them.

I don’t think they’ll risk too much in this window - particularly with the premium that will be put on players.  Our income levels won’t have increased enough yet to make the gamble worth it, particularly as they will no doubt have plans for the future mapped out.

I can’t see us spending much - and to be fair, if we do go all the way in the LC it’s over at the end of Feb, so whatever happens the squad only has the PL to fix on until the end of the season.

Diaby and Maddison this window?  Seems very, very unlikely to me.  And Tieleman’s likely salary expectations would probably rule him out - I can’t see Howe wanting to bring in a player who’s going to earn more than everyone else and potentially cause disruption.  At a guess, I’m willing to bet they’re looking at cheaper options.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

“The 18-year-old Germany international is thought to have discussed a deal worth over £150,000 a week to join Newcastle on a free transfer when his contract expires at the end of the season.”

aye…righto. ? 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

“The 18-year-old Germany international is thought to have discussed a deal worth over £150,000 a week to join Newcastle on a free transfer when his contract expires at the end of the season.”

aye…righto. ? 

I don't think it should be that surprising. He's considered one of the best young talents going and our wage structure appears to be heading in that direction.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

What’s this then? :lol: 

Come on y’all. 

The club's commercial revenues and last year's midtable finish will mean that our income to date will not have increased significantly over the income we brought in previously.  We're still tied to the same shirt manufacturer and sponsor.  If they gamble on making the European Cup via the top four and it doesn't happen then it will have a real impact on the summer budget, when players are available at more 'reasonable' prices.  We're only a short bad run away from a significant drop down the table - which could happen; this side is playing above where anyone could ever expect them to be.  An injury or two to the wrong players and it could seriously impact us - cf the Sheff Wed game.

They're adamant they won't breach FFP, and there will be plans to increase revenue in the coming couple of seasons. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't think it should be that surprising. He's considered one of the best young talents going and our wage structure appears to be heading in that direction.

Agreed that he’s a talent. But nowhere worth that wage. Especially when it’s more than several important first team players in the squad (can’t see him coming in as a starter). 

Can’t say I’ve seen him play but from what I’ve heard it’s not at all surprising we would be offering that much. Endrick has gone to Real Madrid for 60 million at the age of 16. From everything I’ve heard about this kid he is going to be phenomenal.

Won’t be 150k if it’s true we’ve approached which I doubt we have, step to far at this stage considering the other clubs interested. Another club might well offer him 150k or more.

Edited by Nine