Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 hours ago, Sima said:

If we get into the Champions League there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be in the hunt for Bellingham.

I'd make him our number 1 target.

I'm on board with that- we are the future ? 

4 hours ago, Kimbo said:

£120m+, probably 300k a week in wages, and interest from the likes of Real Madrid and Man City are compelling reasons why it won’t happen.

I wouldn't underestimate the impact of getting into the CL on our commercial income. It'll be huge and help open those purse strings.  

14 minutes ago, duo said:

I wouldn't underestimate the impact of getting into the CL on our commercial income. It'll be huge and help open those purse strings.  

I mean, just the idea of us getting into the Champions league. That just seems unreal to me reading that at this stage but we're so close to achieving this.

If I'm honest I think we'll have a bit of an iffy period and end up just missing out, but with our solid defence especially, I'll be keeping the faith.

I just hope the goals keep coming as we need Wilson to get back amongst them but of course Gordon will hopefully be able to lay some on a plate for him soon.

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Summer: 

New LB

Number 6

New young right sided CB

Maddison

Young striker 

My wish list is 

LB - Antonee Robinson (can’t think of anyone)

CB - Maxence Lacroix - as your Lascelles replacement 

DM - either Edson Alvarez or Manu Kone - just, if needed, we can move Bruno around tactically

AM - Maddison - no one else 

LW/RW/FWD - Marcus Thuram / Joao Pedro / Rafael Leao (cough cough)

ideally would like another centre mid if I am being greedy - a punt on Tielemens on a free or Onana if Everton go down 

48 minutes ago, Mikky said:

My wish list is 

LB - Antonee Robinson (can’t think of anyone)

CB - Maxence Lacroix - as your Lascelles replacement 

DM - either Edson Alvarez or Manu Kone - just, if needed, we can move Bruno around tactically

AM - Maddison - no one else 

LW/RW/FWD - Marcus Thuram / Joao Pedro / Rafael Leao (cough cough)

ideally would like another centre mid if I am being greedy - a punt on Tielemens on a free or Onana if Everton go down 

What a shite list lad. Can do a lot better across most of those positions, Maddison apart.

5 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

What a shite list lad. Can do a lot better across most of those positions, Maddison apart.

Antonee robinson is shite but I think the rest are decent shouts.

Manu Kone, Lacroix and Maddison would all be amazing. Think lacroix would more likely be a Schar replacement than Lascelles.

Leao would be insane but he’s at the top level of wonder kids so unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Antonee robinson is shite but I think the rest are decent shouts.

Manu Kone, Lacroix and Maddison would all be amazing. Think lacroix would more likely be a Schar replacement than Lascelles.

Leao would be insane but he’s at the top level of wonder kids so unlikely.

Leao will be entering his final year after the summer 

Lacroix - Kone - Maddison - Leao are unreal signings 

By all means we can go higher and get the likes of Rice/Bellingham but I don’t know if we are at that spend level 

If Maddison isn't our number 1 target, I will be disappointed. We should move heaven and earth to get him through the door, early if possible. I'd start the negotiations with Leicester now. They have been forced into a corner and know they have to sell. The last thing we want is silly money Chelsea or Man Utd stepping in and offering far more than we would be willing to.

Failing that I'd move for Neves, ok a different player to Maddison but we can utilise Bruno differently.

After midfield, we need to look at CB and LB. Which raises the question, do we now consider Burn a left back or a centre back  because if we consider him the former, then I'd argue that we need 2 of the latter.

CB: Schar, Botman, Burn and New CB

LB: Targett and New LB

Or

CB: Schar, Botman, New CB, New CB

LB Targett and Burn

Either way, we need to be looking at the cream of the crop.