Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

33 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

An injury prone player coming in to play our high intensity style is a massive risk. Especially if we are paying big money.

Then wouldn't our medical department know that?

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Then wouldn't our medical department know that?

They might know it but still take the massive risk due to quality and price. No thanks for me.

Edited by Ikon

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Hopefully they do and hopefully we avoid him 

Hopefully they conclude there is no long term risk and hopefully they sign him. [emoji38]

14 minutes ago, McCormick said:

When fit he’s one of the most complete full-backs in the world. I’d definitely take him if the price is right.

Agree with this. I know he has had injury issues these past couple seasons. But if we sign him for anything less than £30m and he manages to move past those issues then it will be one of the best pieces of business we will have done since the takeover. He is a complete modern full back. 

I’d be upset if we spent £30m on Tierney. I rate him highly, but the lack of game time and injury history surely means we don’t go near him for that much…. I want us to move away from the overpaying Chris Wood type signing which I’d liken this transfer 

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’d be upset if we spent £30m on Tierney. I rate him highly, but the lack of game time and injury history surely means we don’t go near him for that much…. I want us to move away from the overpaying Chris Wood type signing which I’d liken this transfer 

That’s a bit harsh on Tierney.

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Whats similar between Tierney & Wood?

24 minutes ago, McCormick said:

When fit he’s one of the most complete full-backs in the world. I’d definitely take him if the price is right.

You do have to wonder why Arsenal sought to replace him then. Is it just that they had the opportunity to buy an equally good LB in Zinchenko and took it figuring he might be a bit more durable?

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

Whats similar between Tierney & Wood?

Nothing at all. One is a fantastic (potentially elite) full back who has had some issues with injury. The other is a bottom half of the table target man who doesn't really get injured. £25m was probably an over-payment for Wood. £30m would be about right/potentially be an underpayment for Tierney.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

You do have to wonder why Arsenal sought to replace him then. Is it just that they had the opportunity to buy an equally good LB in Zinchenko and took it figuring he might be a bit more durable?

Probably a combination of needing someone more reliable in terms of injury, someone who can play inverted and has title winning experience 

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Different profile of player entirely and Tierney isn't that good. I hopewe do not sign him.

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Probably a combination of needing someone more reliable in terms of injury, someone who can play inverted and has title winning experience 

It would make sense if they felt Zinchenko was maybe an upgrade on Tierney, otherwise you would think they would sign a promising understudy if they had confidence Tierney would be fit for enough games.

9 hours ago, TRon said:

More of a fill in leftback zinchenko. He is a midfielder originally I think.