Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Napoli have allegedly offered Kim Min-Jae a new deal, to remove the much talked about clause from his contract.

Just read a thread on him, seems his played left sided CB all season.

19 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Adams is a 6, and not an 8. I was very impressed with him prior to his injury.

He is incredibly quick, athletic and aggressive in his pressing and tackling and the guy's energy levels never dropped. What was most surprising about him though, was how decent he was with the ball. He got on the ball loads and was very good at progressing it with shorter passes in between the lines, to the players ahead of him.

Someone is going to get a steal there when they pick him up. Think because he's been injured for a while, he's kind of been forgotten about. He looked a heck of a player IMO.

Would not be surprised if Liverpool casually grab him somewhere in the middle of the summer and it is hardly talked about, and then when the season starts a lot of fans will be fuming.

He will be picking up a lot of the leg work that Longstaff does though as Bruno doesn’t have the engine to press at that high of a tempo from a more advanced position, unless we are changing formation to go with the double pivot of Bruno and Adams?

We should be looking to sign a back up to Bruno and a better version of Longstaff that offers all of the work but more ability in the final third.

To be fair, I moved from Newcastle to London and London is a lot more exciting like. Always random cool stuff to do and the worlds best food on your doorstep. Feels like the centre of the universe here. 

Only major issues are a bit more crime and the house pricing is shocking but Prem players will be insulated from that. 

Edited by Jesse Pinkman

3 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

To be fair, I moved from Newcastle to London and London is a lot more exciting like. Always random cool stuff to do and the worlds best food on your doorstep. Feels like the centre of the universe here. 

Only major issues are a bit more crime and the house pricing is shocking but Prem players will be insulated from that. 

Premier League players are most certainly not shielded well from crime. Remember Sterling having to fly back from the world cup?

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Premier League players are most certainly not shielded well from crime. Remember Sterling having to fly back from the world cup?

Pretty sure a gang took Reese James safe from his house, Champions League medal inside.

It’s not quite the Knutsford-Wilmslow-Alderley Edge level of banditry though, next level robbery especially when euro away trips are on.

Edited by Nucasol

7 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

He will be picking up a lot of the leg work that Longstaff does though as Bruno doesn’t have the engine to press at that high of a tempo from a more advanced position, unless we are changing formation to go with the double pivot of Bruno and Adams?

We should be looking to sign a back up to Bruno and a better version of Longstaff that offers all of the work but more ability in the final third.

There's been talk of Bruno moving into the number 8 position to help unlock defences further up the pitch, as that is his preferred position too, but I guess it all depends on who we're able to get in midfield.

If we are able to a really good number 8 then Bruno probably stays in the 6 position, however if we are able to get a really good 6 then we might move him up. I imagine that's how we'll be approaching the whole thing.

These are professionals, just like in other fields. Some of them will be attracted to the glamour of a huge city for whatever reason - maybe they can be anonymous, maybe they want to do more exciting things all the time, maybe it's more convenient for their other business interests, who knows? But there will be others for whom that's not a pull. Bruno, for example, with his young family and his lifestyle - doesn't strike me as a guy who'd be concerned about London. I can't begrudge anyone wanting to live where they're comfortable. We have to do our best to do either or both of the following: find players who aren't interested in that lifestyle and/or show the ones who might be that they can make it work in Newcastle. Not everyone will fall in love with the club but there are plenty who just might.

57 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Napoli have allegedly offered Kim Min-Jae a new deal, to remove the much talked about clause from his contract.

I read the other day he still needs to complete his military service. 

I imagine he’ll be offered a shorter spell like Son, but it could still be an issue. 

19 hours ago, gdm said:

Just checking did we qualify for the Champions league or was it the Europa or conference? Some of the shouts for players are funny. Rodrigo ffs :lol: he’s no better than anything we have and wouldn’t be signed by any of the teams that finished in the top 6 of 7 so why would we be interested. 

Even for £3m squad player/3rd forward and if it doesn’t work out sell him for more?

https://twitter.com/secondtierpod/status/1666777108272562176?s=61&t=kJE1AU_9T9TvzyV_ebeY8Q

44 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Live in London myself. So many different things to do, unique boroughs with different communities and vibe. Amazing food, nightlife and shopping. Anyone who thinks it’s a shithole and can’t understand why players want to come here are deluding themselves, one of the best cities in the world.

17 minutes ago, Viana said:

I read the other day he still needs to complete his military service. 

I imagine he’ll be offered a shorter spell like Son, but it could still be an issue. 

Believes he's been exempted after winning some sort of international competition. 

Guest reefatoon

Is Tyler Adams that tiny little twat who was running around with little man syndrome up here? 

He’s far too small to play for Newcastle Globetrotters like.

10 minutes ago, SAK said:

Live in London myself. So many different things to do, unique boroughs with different communities and vibe. Amazing food, nightlife and shopping. Anyone who thinks it’s a shithole and can’t understand why players want to come here are deluding themselves, one of the best cities in the world.

I’ve lived there.

It quickly becomes very tiresome as you get older. 

I’ve conducted supermarket transactions without one word being said between cashier and me. 

Commuting is horrendous.

People are competitive and everything is about money and status. 

It takes well over an hour to get out of central London to anything resembling the countryside.

I agree that millionaires will have a different experience but let’s not kid ourselves it’s the Fields of Elysium here. 

20 minutes ago, LV said:

I’ve lived there.

I’ve conducted supermarket transactions without one word being said between cashier and me. 

Commuting is horrendous.

It takes well over an hour to get out of central London to anything resembling the countryside.

I agree that millionaires will have a different experience but let’s not kid ourselves it’s the Fields of Elysium here. 

I recently moved away from London. 70% of it is an absolute dive, but I can see why someone with plenty of cash would enjoy it.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I recently moved away from London. 70% of it is an absolute dive, but I can see why someone with plenty of cash would enjoy it.

Yeah totally. The food was amazing and I do miss that but I couldn’t leave quick enough. 

I think it’s an amazing place to be in your 20s and very early 30s if you can afford it. But after that, run like hell :lol:

Edited by LV

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Yeah, parts of areas like Battersea still look exactly the same as an early 80's Madness video. I find parts of London so grim.

32 minutes ago, LV said:

I’ve lived there.

Commuting is horrendous.

Aye I hated it, people are rude, so busy, don't feel safe most of the time.

Also used to take me 45 minutes to get to Tesco which was just over a mile away. I would have walked but it was for our weekly shop. I should have used a pram I guess. 

12 minutes ago, LV said:

I’ve lived there.

Commuting is horrendous.

I guess everyone has their own experiences of the place, some will enjoy supermarket cashiers just getting on with it so they can go about their day. Need human contact, that’s what friends and family are for.

Even for normal people a lot of what you state are problems can be negated for example working from home or hybrid working deals with the commuting issue (appreciate that doesn’t work for everyone but does for the majority). 

Yes, it is competitive but what work places aren’t? Outside of work “keeping up with the Jones’s” exists everywhere.

Point accepted about time taken to get out of London but there are many large parks for a bit of greenery and being honest how often are people in smaller cities darting off to the countryside that taking a bit longer in London to do the same would be deal breaker?

Yes, not some paradise but even with all its faults, for a wage earner it can still be a great place and for people with money even better.