Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

There's obviously a player in Maguire and I find the memes about him really weird tbh, but I wouldn't want us to go anywhere near him or any other expensive damaged good from the likes of ManU. He should go abroad and restart, that lad. Needs a good move before his career fritters away. 

I do think this week will see a change in the club - moving from planning to acting

By now they’ll have sounded out the players and clubs via agents and know which ones are runners and a rough price on fees and wages.

A few of the deals already done we’re free transfers or release clauses - which are always going to happen faster as there are fewer bits to agree

I must be the only one who’d take both Maguire and McTominay :lol: obviously I’d prefer other options, but I have an unwavering faith in Howe and his staff.

he’s improved pretty much every single player and they’ve both got the type of character we’re quite obviously looking for. if that’s who we want, get them in and get behind them. the talk about strengthening Man Utd is proper small time, Wout Weghorst craic.

nee chance we’re signing Maguire anyway, so I wouldn’t worry :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

All I’ll say re: Maguire is.. Tyrone Mings. Look at how he looked at start of season compared to end of season.

Never underestimate good coaching.

I guess the counter to this is that Erik Ten Funke has done fairly well at Man U and they look pretty well coached, no.

I'd be much more optimistic about taking players who've failed at Chelsea because it's obvious that they were a shitshow.

Man U meanwhile were pretty solid so not sure you can blame that for Maguire.

10 minutes ago, Big River said:

I must be the only one who’d take both Maguire and McTominay :lol: obviously I’d prefer other options, but I have an unwavering faith in Howe and his staff.

he’s improved pretty much every single player and they’ve both got the type of character we’re quite obviously looking for. if that’s who we want, get them in and get behind them. the talk about strengthening Man Utd is proper small time, Wout Weghorst craic.

nee chance we’re signing Maguire anyway, so I wouldn’t worry :lol:

Would you play him over Botman and pay him £200k+ a week? That’s what he would expect.

7 minutes ago, Shak said:

I guess the counter to this is that Erik Ten Funke has done fairly well at Man U and they look pretty well coached, no.

I'd be much more optimistic about taking players who've failed at Chelsea because it's obvious that they were a shitshow.

Man U meanwhile were pretty solid so not sure you can blame that for Maguire.

The worlds first analmanagerapist?

4 minutes ago, chronicfc said:

The last player we had from Man United that was any good was Keith Gillespie. Since then we've had Smith, Butt,Johnson and Obertan who all came here to retire. Leave them there please.

I can’t think of another attacking player who was as awful technically as Obertan. Most players with his pace would have only needed to be a solid player to have had a good career. Was a tragic sight seeing him in our colours 

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Would you play him over Botman and pay him £200k+ a week? That’s what he would expect.

well I said at the bottom there’s no chance we’re signing him. for those very reasons. but the general point still applies…

14 minutes ago, chronicfc said:

The last player we had from Man United that was any good was Keith Gillespie. Since then we've had Smith, Butt,Johnson and Obertan who all came here to retire. Leave them there please.

Even then, considering what they got in return, it was poor business from us. Not often that a transaction between the two clubs isn’t weighted in their favour. Hopefully that’s all changed now.

6 minutes ago, Big River said:

Yeah, Eddie and JT got 192 appearances and 22 goals out of Dan Gosling.

Maguire was quite good at the WC, certainly not a liability and justified his unpopular selection. Can't say I've seen him much since. 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Szoboszlai would be my preference - can’t quite believe we’re in for a player like that.  Could easily see him being one of the best attacking midfielders on the planet in a couple of years.  Maddison would be a good signing - Szoboszlai an incredible for me. 

I’m at the point where if we get him I barely care what else we do. 

46 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

There's obviously a player in Maguire and I find the memes about him really weird tbh, but I wouldn't want us to go anywhere near him or any other expensive damaged good from the likes of ManU. He should go abroad and restart, that lad. Needs a good move before his career fritters away. 

Is he allowed to work in Europe? Just with him being guilty of assault in Greece and no further forward getting that removed I just wonder if that affects work permits etc. Total stab in the dark mind so feel free to tell me I’m talking bollocks ?

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

The only one I disagree with is Willock as I believe he’s got the potential to go on another level and be worth even more. He’s so close to being an absolute beast

If he can put together his ability to run with the ball from this past season and his ability to find the net from his first season, we’re laughing.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

All I’ll say re: Maguire is.. Tyrone Mings. Look at how he looked at start of season compared to end of season.

Never underestimate good coaching.

You can't coach pace though, and that's what Maguire completely lacks. There isn't any realistic way to coach him to have mobility and a decent turn of speed.

Be far better starting with someone who actually has that in their game already and coaching the coachable bits in instead. Plus Maguire will cost lots (bafflingly) and want massive wages. 

Maguire would be fantastic for everton under dyche or a team looking to defend deep. Anyone wanting him to play out from the back and play high up is asking for disappointment.

This isn't to say he is a bad player, like many maligned players he's just good at certain things and in wrong team

Edited by Tiresias

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We are at a stage now that we should be targeting quality players, rather than players we hope Howe can get the best out of.

I agree partially but i think we should absolutely keep looking at players off the profile of Bruno, standout talents sure but not already on super wages that will impact ffp and unbalance squad. We should have pull to make this easier and there is not a lack of talent out there. A lot of the players who get constantly get linked everywhere are in the presd a lot due to hyperactive agents trying to flog that. We hired ashworth not to sign the first guys who turn up linked on twitter.

16 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Maguire would be fantastic for everton under dyche or a team looking to defend deep. Anyone wanting him to play out from the back and play high up is asking for disappointment.

This isn't to say he is a bad player, like many maligned players he's just good at certain things and in wrong team

The best CB's in world football aren't renowned for being fast. Rio. Terry. Kompany. Tony Adams. Van Dijk. 

Although I do agree that playing out from the back is madness if you buy Maguire, however England who have consistently stuck with the meathead play high up majority of the times as they play against milkmen on the regular so the argument kind of invalidates itself. 

Thoughts aside, we should be going for high calibre players. Not Man Utd castaways. He cannot be Schars replacement at the grand old age of 30.