Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I wouldn’t be surprised if we sold Miggy and Wilson if decent offers come in, their value will decrease dramatically after this window.

Interesting article by Caulkin and the talk about budget is believable, he says that while the club has stretched their budget every window that there comes a time where you have to balance the books with it.

I think the issue for the club is that there are fans that believe the club tell journalists a deliberately low amount every season to try and get better deals in the transfer market, whereas journalists say there is a ballpark figure we want to spend but can stretch for the right player. However, that extra money has to come from future spending budgets and this will catch up with us eventually.

There are top people behind the scenes, they'll be working on a range of solutions to the FFP problem.

But I doubt they will deviate from the long-term plan of not overpaying and trying to keep wages as low as possible for as long as possible.

I still think we could spend 150mil+ this Summer and sign a minimum of 5 players, but nobody knows, especially the journalists as they seem to get fed fake news on purpose.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we sold Miggy and Wilson if decent offers come in, their value will decrease dramatically after this window.

Interesting article by Caulkin and the talk about budget is believable, he says that while the club has stretched their budget every window that there comes a time where you have to balance the books with it.

I think the issue for the club is that there are fans that believe the club tell journalists a deliberately low amount every season to try and get better deals in the transfer market, whereas journalists say there is a ballpark figure we want to spend but can stretch for the right player. However, that extra money has to come from future spending budgets and this will catch up with us eventually.

That would be madness to sell Miggy and Wilson. That's just setting us back further for players we would need to replace. It should be the far less talented ones that get upgrades, or maybe one that wants out (ASM potentially).

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nice to hear Caulkin say we still have an interest in Thuram. He would be perfect although I think Liverpool will get him.

Thuram and one of Barella or Szoboszlai would take us to a different level again.

His wages will be insane, he plays for Real Madrid so Newcastle is undeniably a step down and has been bought by them with the plan of him being there for a decade with Bellingham and Valverde as replacements for Casemiro/Modric/Kroos

It makes no sense for the player or for either club

They probably do have a bit of a surplus of CMs with Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchouameni and Valverde there so maybe one will leave.

As has been said though, I'd expect our wage structure takes us out of the running for any of them.

31 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not that we will get him, but our interest in Barella shows we are targeting elite players 

Even with all the rumblings of us being interested in a couple "elite" players I did not translate that to the world's genuine best. By elite I thought we meant Maddison and we seem to at least be poking around a level above that. 

38 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not that we will get him, but our interest in Barella shows we are targeting elite players 

I've never been as relaxed about a transfer window. It feels strange as fuck tbh :lol: