Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I can't really take seriously anyone saying 6.5/10.

I get there's still gaps in the squad. However we have just smashed our transfer record to sign Isak and he looks like he's going to be class. 

Not forgetting the solid business on Pope, Botman and Target.

I know it's only natural to want more but maybe there are factors to why we couldn't get the players we wanted this summer for a variety of different reasons.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Put January and this together and it's been pretty sensational.

As for this one specifically; Pope, Targett, Botman and Isak all appear to be guaranteed hits. We've no gaps, just lacking quality depth in probably one position (RW).

Another quality CM would make a difference to any team, but no one in their right mind should be complaining about our sixth choice in that position being Sean Longstaff. We're not in bad nick at all there. 

Fine we've not built a guaranteed Top 7 squad in the space of two windows but Christ we've made a fair crack of it. Combine it with all the other progress in all the other departments and you can't knock the level of effort and investment whatsoever.

100% and fuck, if we get Bruno and Maxi fit and they play 10-12 matches before January we could literally be in top 8. 

A few things go in the other direction and that +3 to +5 pts from Wolves and Liverpool (5th to 2nd place) and thats having played Brighton (a), Wolves (a), Liverpool (a)! 

Edited by Kanji

We've signed quality as far as I'm concerned.

We have a lot of average players on the books and we can't replace every single one in two windows so we're going to have to exercise some patience on that front.

I now at least feel like the owners have the best interests of Newcastle football club at heart. We are being very shrewd with our dealings, and are waiting out for the right signings. Ok that may cause unrest amongst some fans, but it is far preferable to signing any old shite just to make headlines.

All this alongside Eddie Howes night and day transformation of the current squad. We had a Liverpool team sweating with Lacelles, longstaff, Fraser, almiron in the team, bonkers man[emoji38]

Sorry to them players mind, I love them all really!

Think the club has done fantastic business this summer (and Jan). Yes, there are still gaps, but I can imagine they'll be addressed next summer, hopefully when we have had a solid season (with maybe even a chance of European qualification).

10/10 window for me. Compared to where we were, there is no comparison. I also think signing a striker of Isak's quality is such a leap forward, I know it's very early days but I think we're looking at a 20+ goals a season player, which is clearly so hard to find as barely any other teams have them.

100% they've gone with quality over quantity. Correct decision imo, however much we crave new signings.

Had a wee look around a load of different clubs forums over last few weeks (West Ham, Leeds, arsenal, Everton, Villa, Man Utd, Leicester) and every single one has comments about how great our business has been or how they should have signed isak or botman. Aye it would have been great to get an extra body in but this is the start and other clubs are already looking at us enviously. Let’s enjoy it. 

oh and ando you’ve been found out ;)

Edited by gdm

5 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Look where we were 9 months ago ffs. New Owners, manager, training ground work and new players.......its been a brilliant turnaround in 9 months, about 274 days, just 274.

Enjoy it for heavens sake :lol:

We didn't even have a sporting director or a CEO 9 months ago, I don't know how we managed that first window as well as we did. 

Not being involved in the final day scramble feels deflating just because I want that excitement but we're clearly happy to spend money when the right player comes along. If they don't come along in the next few hours then so be it.

If we were told when we got taken over in October that we'd start the following season less than a year later with six upgrades to our starting eleven, including two England internationals, a Brazil international, one of the most promising young centre backs around and one of the most promising young strikers around I don't think you'd see many complaints. Feel bad for Targett now after I've given that rundown but that says a lot in itself that he's the odd man out and we still (rightly) love the guy. :lol: