Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

This is a great post I think, exactly the same applies to us as you.

We need more bruno's, botman's and isaks and not more longstaff's, schar's and burn's (as good as they have been).

Eh?

4 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

This is a great post I think, exactly the same applies to us as you.

We need more bruno's, botman's and isaks and not more longstaff's, schar's and burn's (as good as they have been).

Very very harsh on Schar that like.

17 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

While you're here @brummieI'm curious to hear what Villa fans think of the clubs current prospects/overall ambition. I feel like before the PIF takeover it was Villa who were best placed in terms of both wealth of owners, and their willingness to invest, to break into that top 7/6 consistently. Do the fanbase see that as being a lot harder now there's a team outside that traditional 'top 6' who, in theory (once FFP and commercial catches up) can match up with/outmatch most teams in Europe financially and would now be seen as the favourite to break in consistently over the course of the next couple seasons? Or do you still see a route through?

There is definitely still a route through - we've got plenty of money to spend, and finally are bringing commercial operations into the modern world (new north stand end of this season, increased capacity), new Man City style inner city academy nextdoor to the ground, plus our owners have bought half of Vittoria Guimaraes and are bidding for the Vegas MLS franchise (Las Vegas Villans) and going down the multi-club route, so the ambition now is a world beyond what it had ever been before (even Lerner, who provided money and absolutely nothing else).

It's much, much harder to do what Man City did these days, it has to be done significantly more incrementally, and I am happy that we can do that and start to punch our weight way more than we have thus far.

I saw a table the other day showing since Emery arrived and we were fourth or fifth - that to me shows the damage we did to ourselves in playing the first third of the season with the managerial equivalent of playing in clown shoes. Gerrard averaged a point a game in his last 38 games with us, which is pathetic.

It's impressive what Howe has done thus far, but the season is far from over, it's where you are after 38 games that matters. We're only 7 points off top 6, rather than relegation fighters under Gerrard.

I am really positive, it is all looking good. After a sluggish couple of years, the youth policy is producing some proper quality (Archer and Ramsey at Boro, Iroegbunam at QPR), and we've got a top quality manager in.

It's positive all over the place, the only mis-step has been in hiring Gerrard in the first place and setting ourselves back a year. 

All rumours around Sofyan Amrabat seems to have stopped after January. Does anyone that pay any attention to Serie A know how he has performed for Fiorentina after the WC? Seemed like a perfect fit for our formation as an anchor with Willock/Joelinton & Bruno either side of him.

50 minutes ago, Conjo said:

All rumours around Sofyan Amrabat seems to have stopped after January. Does anyone that pay any attention to Serie A know how he has performed for Fiorentina after the WC? Seemed like a perfect fit for our formation as an anchor with Willock/Joelinton & Bruno either side of him.

Nearly joined Barca in January, not sure if they're going back in for him.

6 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'm not thinking about it, I'd tell them to do one but why are you comparing Bruno to Ollie Watkins? They aren't on the same level

You need to read the full dialogue.

He said if we bid £100 million for Watkins that Villa would accept. I said they wouldn't because they are rich themselves and they will see us as direct rivals for trying to break into the top spots in the league, and he's probably their best player at the minute.

So I was essentially saying it would be like us accepting a £100 million bid or any kind of bid from Villa for Bruno. It just wouldn't happen. 

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You need to read the full dialogue.

He said if we bid £100 million for Watkins that Villa would accept. I said they wouldn't because they are rich themselves and they will see us as direct rivals for trying to break into the top spots in the league, and he's probably their best player at the minute.

So I was essentially saying it would be like us accepting a £100 million bid or any kind of bid from Villa for Bruno. It just wouldn't happen. 

They'd be mad not to accept £100m for Watkins like. I'm sure he does lots of great running, but for a striker he doesn't look like much of a finisher.

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Eh?

i mean a combination of things to be fair, Schar has been great, he's improved immensely under Howe but he's 31 and we'll need to upgrade him soon enough, and we'll be unlikely to get what we need with another Schar type signing.

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

Very very harsh on Schar that like.

it's no harsher than it is on the other two who have also been really good.

we need to upgrade on all 3 in time to go where we want to go, it really is as simple as that.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'd definetly take another Schar. He's been one of the best centre backs in the league this season.

we won't get another 'Schar', he was a ridiculous bargain and it very likely won't happen again.

2 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Aye, very harsh. Even if we bring in a right sided CB in the Summer, I'd fully expect it to be a young'un with a lot of potential to be blooded in slowly. Schar and Botman are good for at least one more season after this. 

we will bring in another right sided centre half i think, and it will be a younger player signed for a hell of a lot more money. They'll also have ambitions for him to be better than Schar. Not sure what's harsh about it.

Young, right footed, decent level, and ready to step up to our club/the PL…someone like Maxence Lacroix or Jurrien Timber would be ideal. Both would have CL clubs interested though.