Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I think the DM/CM option was staring us in the face from the weekend.  It’s Romeo Lavia.  

See Trippier had a pep talk with him on the final whistle. He was their best player by a country mile. Though Southampton fans seem to suggest he has a touch of the Sissoko's in that he saves his best performances for the the big team/TV games. 

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

See Trippier had a pep talk with him on the final whistle. He was their best player by a country mile. Though Southampton fans seem to suggest he has a touch of the Sissoko's in that he saves his best performances for the the big team/TV games. 

Fine for us. We will have a good few of them next season. Plus we seem to be on the box most weeks as it is! 

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Tierney has missed way more professional football than ASM. To compare them as ‘crocks’ is more NO Anti ASM bullshit. Tierney is not it anyway. 

I think the DM/CM option was staring us in the face from the weekend.  It’s Romeo Lavia.  

I was clearly being flippant. Either way it’s a trade which thankfully won’t happen and is unappealing. 

13 hours ago, cubaricho said:

We don’t need a DM. We don’t need to play that way. 

If we go for a more attacking left back then i think we will need to adapt the way we play and start using a dm. Currently Dan Burn creates a third centre back when trippier goes firward.  If both full backs are bombing on we will need to have a centrail.midfielder who is happy to drop between the centre backs.  Even if we dont play like this all of the time it is a good option to have.

14 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

He’s 19.  Plenty of room and time to develop. Gordon is 3 years older and he’s a kid apparently. 

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Tierney has missed way more professional football than ASM. To compare them as ‘crocks’ is more NO Anti ASM bullshit. Tierney is not it anyway. 

According to Transfermarkt.com since/including 18/19 season (so far):

Tierney 428 days injured

ASM 331 days injured.

both crocks.

Just now, Manxst said:

According to Transfermarkt.com since/including 18/19 season (so far):

Tierney 428 days injured

ASM 331 days injured.

both crocks.

Interesting how you’ve come to your conclusion. I’ve used the same site and seen that ASM has missed 50 games through injury. Tierney has missed 90.  Tierney has missed what, 90% more games than ASM?

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Interesting how you’ve come to your conclusion. I’ve used the same site and seen that ASM has missed 50 games through injury. Tierney has missed 90.  Tierney has missed what, 90% more games than ASM?

Conclusion because that’s what the facts/website says. Games, yes. Which is irrelevant- just that game days coincided with injury. Days missed is a better measure of how often someone is injured and whether they’re a crock. Which is obvious. 

31 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Conclusion because that’s what the facts/website says. Games, yes. Which is irrelevant- just that game days coincided with injury. Days missed is a better measure of how often someone is injured and whether they’re a crock. Which is obvious. 

Imo this is a stupid argument. You pay footballers to play football.   A player missing 90 games is a much bigger problem than a player missing 50 games. 

Tierney has managed 30 league appearances once in his entire career. ASM has done so in 4 seasons. 

But now we have all the facts out there,   Let’s agree to disagree. 

Edited by The College Dropout

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Imo this is a stupid argument. You pay footballers to play football.   A player missing 90 games is a much bigger problem than a player missing 50 games. 

Tierney has managed 30 league appearances once in his entire career. ASM has done so in 4 seasons. 

Surely it depends on the amount and nature of injuries too? 

Tierney has had a series of surgeries on his ankle, knee and groin, but keeps getting injured. It's a massive red flag. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don’t want to argue here at all, but playing for a team like Arsenal who are in Europe every season and progress every year in domestic cups etc- you’re bound to miss more games when injured in the same time period compared to someone who has been playing for a team like us (no Europe, don’t even want to progress in cups etc) in the last few years, which is why it’s better to look at days missed through injury rather than games, imo. But yeah- we’ve both made our position clear. 

Surely one of the benefits of selling ASM is that it would offer us some relief in regards to financial fair play, as we could book down the majority of the fee we got for him next season while incoming transfers would be spread over their contract.

I’m presuming a straight swap would negate that benefit.

Taking on board TCD made about appearances it would be better to try and get Tierney on loan with an obligation to buy if he plays a certain amount of games, at least that way it will give us some confidence in his fitness.

Broadly speaking I'm pretty settled in the 'replace Maxi' camp but I'd rather just go on the tedious ride all over again next season than sell him to a direct rival. On balance I don't think he'll ever fulfil his massive potential, but it's too great a risk to us that someone like Arsenal or Spurs might cure whatever fundamental fitness issue he's got, and suddenly have an asset which could directly contribute to our own downfall. If a mid-table side or (especially) someone abroad came in with a decent offer then crack on. 

If I’m selling Maxi, it’s to a team abroad. No way would I let him go to a PL club. 

I don’t want to sell him but I’m really only for it if we can find a younger less injured version of him out there somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Aye next season. Can’t believe how many times this has been said.

Doesn't that give an incentive to Southampton to sell him this summer for more (if the demand is there)?