Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

13 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Dave would be apoplectic.

Everytime I see him pop up I always wonder how the hole in his nose is getting on. 

Pedro would have been ideal for us as cover across the front 3, possibly would have even took one of the wide places. I think he would have still been high on the list, but maybe he thinks he’ll get more game time at Brighton and be the main man.

Get the impression where probably in limbo aswell with the CL list of targets and the Europa League list at the moment. Hard not to get excited with the level of player we’ll be targeting with CL football, if Vitor Roque is the main target up front I can see why we would be keeping our powder dry.

Edited by Whitley mag

The reason Newcastle United opted against Joao Pedro move

Newcastle United did not revive their bid to sign Joao Pedro from Watford ahead of the summer window - because Eddie Howe has moved on to other targets.

Chronicle Live has learned that Newcastle were aware of Pedro's desire to leave Vicarage Road, but the club's rapid rise up the Premier League has resulted in a change of direction with some potential deals. United will now turn their attention to other targets this summer after Brighton & Hove Albion signed Pedro from Watford last night.

A source close to the deal told us that Newcastle were not involved in any discussions this time around on Pedro. Newcastle are also much more relaxed when it comes to forwards with £63million Alexander Isak now settled on Tyneside and Callum Wilson in fine form

The Brazilian youngster was the subject of a £30million bid last summer but the Hornets resisted any offers last summer and handed him a new contract. Newcastle are keen to sign another forward this summer.

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

A third striker gives us all sorts of options apart from just injury cover. One possibly example start Isak and Wilson, bring on 3rd striker from 60 mins etc

Tammy Abraham available allegedly 

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Tammy Abraham available allegedly 

He would certainly make sense and a kind of understudy to Wilson but also starting plenty games. Wilson is going to be more effective as per his current role and he’d still get to start the odd European and cup game too. 

Abraham wouldn’t want to come to be an understudy, surely? Yes, he’d be playing a fair bit especially now we’ve got a European place, but he’d be wanting to be the main striker to win his England place, no? He’s 25 years old- we’d be looking at someone younger I think (unless he’s replacing Wilson). 

17 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Newcastle are also much more relaxed when it comes to forwards with £63million Alexander Isak now settled on Tyneside and Callum Wilson in fine form

17 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Newcastle are keen to sign another forward this summer.

:lol: Its as if absolutely anyone could write this stuff

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Abraham wouldn’t want to come to be an understudy, surely? Yes, he’d be playing a fair bit especially now we’ve got a European place, but he’d be wanting to be the main striker to win his England place, no? He’s 25 years old- we’d be looking at someone younger I think (unless he’s replacing Wilson). 

I mean understudy as in plenty he could learn from Wilson. I agree he wouldn’t come here to sit on the bench. Isak and Abraham would probably take the lions share, Wilson backing up 🤷‍♂️ It’s pretty obvious we’re going to need another striker but they may see a young striker more happy with 3rd choice and being bedded in more appropriate.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I mean understudy as in plenty he could learn from Wilson. I agree he wouldn’t come here to sit on the bench. Isak and Abraham would probably take the lions share, Wilson backing up 🤷‍♂️ It’s pretty obvious we’re going to need another striker but they may see a young striker more happy with 3rd choice and being bedded in more appropriate.

Love to take Ferguson from Brighton!

5 minutes ago, greydos said:

Love to take Ferguson from Brighton!

Yeah he’s class. Whatever happens a 3rd striker and proper high quality game winning winger brought in takes our attack to another level. An attacking left back too to be fair and to help break down defensive teams at home which we’re going to see a lot of next season.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

6 minutes ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

Has Abraham been poor this season? 

Loads of transfer speculation around him, a year or so ago, and the figures were upwards of £50m.

Was reading the other day that he's now available for £25-30m.

He hasn’t hit the heights of last season - looks to have lost a bit of confidence - not sure if it’s a consequence of Dybala’s arrival in the sense that he isn’t the main point of attack anymore - been benched a few times for Bellotti

Both Abraham and Belotti have been terrible this season and Dybala being there hasn't really changed Tammy's role IMO. Just bang out of form all season.