Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Guler just seems like the type that will be at Ajax/Dortmund for a couple of years and then go for 100 mil. We need to get them at this stage rather than the next stage. The likes of Man Utd can afford to wait and see how things develop.

He might but the only chance we would have of getting him is if his reputation in football isn't actually as great as everyone seems to think. If he is then Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Bayern etc aren't going to let a 'generational talent' go to Ajax for £17m, they will be in talks with him now, and then loan him to Ajax.

14 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If Guler is as good as his hype he'll end up at one of the elite clubs. We won't have a sniff at 17m like [emoji38]

True, but I am guessing elite clubs won’t give him the playtime he wants yet. He would be a 1st choice player for Ajax at 18 year old. 

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Move over Paqueta, Guler looks like this summers creepy obsession.

image.thumb.png.cb1df498a370745370e65e40b26fa5b8.png

Stefon: This year's hottest transfer target is GULER.  Born under the shadow of a solar eclipse to ex-circus performers, this is one talent you don't want to miss. He has it all - dribbling, passing, shooting, a sasquatch highway

Seth: ... a sasquatch highway?

Stefon: It's that thing of when a turkish guy has a wide happy trail that goes from nipples to gooch

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

image.thumb.png.cb1df498a370745370e65e40b26fa5b8.png

Stefon: This year's hottest transfer target is GULER.  Born under the shadow of a solar eclipse to ex-circus performers, this is one talent you don't want to miss. He has it all - dribbling, passing, shooting, a sasquatch highway, Mtv’s Dan Cortese

Seth: ... a sasquatch highway?

Stefon: It's that thing of when a turkish guy has a wide happy trail that goes from nipples to gooch

46 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

I liked Emre when he played for us, thought he was quality

The free kick against the mackems and him being a dirty little fucker are my memories of him

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

You seem surprised that fans have signings they prefer more than others? Happens every year at every club around the world. I definitely agree with the word obsession but not "creepy" tbh.

We have been heavily linked with AG but i dont think we were with Paqueta who we never really seemed to want anyway, that might have been something towards "creepy" towards the end tbf.

has always been the case. I was obsessed with us signing Nigel Clough and then Robbie Fowler👍

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Paqueta under a progressive manager will be dynamite. I think he’ll have a good year next season regardless. 

He's more of an all-rounder than an attacking midfielder anyway, a bit like Bruno in terms of being useful box-to-box.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

9 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

has always been the case. I was obsessed with us signing Nigel Clough and then Robbie Fowler👍

You were close with one. Wasn't Bobby desperate for us to go sign Fowler? Think it was when he ended up going to Leeds. 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

He was very hit and miss imo 

Agreed. Can’t recall him playing much. When he did he seemed to get injured within a few games. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had missed half of every season he was with us. As a person he’s never come across very well either. Another bad signing under the Souness regime.

Guest dazzanufc1892
1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Anyone know if the new accountancy year will impact how and when we do signings?

Football usually works by seasons