Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Can't help but wonder if it's something more extraordinary even than Maddison...

Thought the same. Even if JM would be too. Barella or Leao ? 

Edited by Ikon

Wonder who they'll go for. Maddison and the like aren't what I would describe as 'extraordinary'. Maddison makes sense and is the standard we should be targeting anyway, no one would be surprised by that move. 

Would Maddison be extraordinary? He'd be a great signing but given the calibre of players we've signed so far - Isak, Trippier, Bruno, Botman - extraordinary would be someone in the next couple of brackets up, surely? Mind you, this is media talk

‘Extraordinary’ puts me in mind of a proper ridiculous FM-style marquee signing. The type of player we’ve avoided thus far. I can think of a few names but to even commit them to text feels daft.

Tbh I quite enjoy the approach we’ve taken thus far. Younger, highly rated players who are going to be the backbone of the team for years to come. I’m not desperate for us to start chucking silly money around at big names.

Who is even available to be considered extraordinary compared to what we've signed so far? You would imagine it's a position we actually need a new signing for, so a midfielder or right winger. Hopefully it isn't a silly signing based on name and reputation. Neymar or Ronaldo for example. Although I'd love to see Ronaldo in our shirt to be fair.