Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I think our window is about to see a lot of action. We don't need to rush and have waited patiently for clubs to come round to our valuations. Once they do (Bruno & Isak) we will move quickly. If they don't, we have other targets or will wait till the summer (Botman).

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Apart from Gordon, Fresneda and Franca it's been a very lean month for rumours. Wish we had more quality coming through our academy 

That'll come I'm sure, but it'll take years.

Like others, I'll be disappointed if we get nobody in. Even just 1 in will feel like we've just done the bare minimum.

It’s just our position in the table that would make me disappointed if we didn’t bring in anyone. If we where sat 8/9th in the table I’d be leaning towards waiting till the summer, this just feels like a massive opportunity and hopefully we don’t let it pass.

I think we’ll get a couple of deals done, but I understand why the club are approaching the window in such a considered fashion.

In every regard our money will go a lot further in the summer - who we can attract, size of fees quoted, FFP limits etc. There’s no point doing another Chris Wood type transfer, where we sign someone for the now and then have a very expensive fringe player in six months time that’s going to cause us issues.

In a perfect world I’d like to see us throw caution to the wind to get top 4 sewn up, but the club have a plan and they’re sticking to it.

34 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s just our position in the table that would make me disappointed if we didn’t bring in anyone. If we where sat 8/9th in the table I’d be leaning towards waiting till the summer, this just feels like a massive opportunity and hopefully we don’t let it pass.

Really? If we were sat 8th or 9th, I'd be wanting us to bring a couple in to push us into the minor European spots.

It all snowballs in terms of revenue and what players you can attract.

2 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Think we will really regret not strengthening, especially with most of the other teams trying to.

We have overachieved so far this season and need one or two more quality players for the rest of the season. 

Nail on head.

52 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I see Tete to Leicester has got the Twittersphere moist for Maddison. 

Is it not Tete to Leeds? And then Harrison to Leicester?

EDIT: Oh maybe not, looks like Romano has said Leicester are after Tete my bad

Edited by joeyt

I wonder if we are just worried about being ahead of our long term plan.

As a fan it would be great to get into the champions league this year but do we have the revenue / FFP in place to really improve all aspects of our squad competing on both fronts next season?

However Once the new sponsorship / strip deals start to land and we have guaranteed a top 4 place more transfers will open up to us in the summer?

At the moment we are so close but you are still selling the dream to the 50 million plus player.

19 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Think we will really regret not strengthening, especially with most of the other teams trying to.

We have overachieved so far this season and need one or two more quality players for the rest of the season. 

Form since January 2022 says we haven’t overachieved though!