Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

24 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah I listened to that this morning. 6 players - LB, CB, 2 x midfielders (you’d imagine one number 6 type possibly, one more attacking), two forwards, (one winger and one adaptable forward/winger is about right Joao Pedro?) Plus trying to shift a load of players out.

Whether we can get all our targets is another thing but there’s definitely be 4-5 I think and 6 would be fantastic. 

That would be amazing. If we can get three first-team standard (Botman, Bruno types) then some young potential for the others the squad starts to look pretty solid.

11 hours ago, gbandit said:

Isn’t the main issue that he doesn’t want to come here? Seems a difficult thing to surmount 

On this, I believe it was specifically that his agent intimated there were only a couple clubs he was actually willing to move to in Jan before his contract expired (so missing out on a larger signing on fee). Believe it was Man U, PSG and someone else. Implication being that in the Summer he'd be far more open to the likes of us and potentially Villa, who were also being linked. 

Gonna be interesting to see PSG work their way around new FFP salary cap with Messi still at the club.

They would have to have maximum of 90% of their revenue go to their player's salaries. Currently, even with their inflated revenues, they are at 111%.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

That would be amazing. If we can get three first-team standard (Botman, Bruno types) then some young potential for the others the squad starts to look pretty solid.

Aye, my pie in the sky, in no way ITK at all guess would be: 

Renan Lodi - LB we know they like and is now PL ready. No more than 30m as well as that's his release. But Atleti can usually be negotiated down.

Maddison - Again, we know they like him. Contract up next summer so price wouldn't be insane.

Diaby - The crown jewel of the Summer business. £60m+

Then a young right sided CB full of potential to eventually fully take the place of Schar. And a young (likely from South America), more defensive CM, partly for depth, and partly to push the likes of J7 and Willock. 

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Aye, my pie in the sky, in no way ITK at all guess would be: 

Renan Lodi - LB we know they like and is now PL ready. No more than 30m as well as that's his release. But Atleti can usually be negotiated down.

Maddison - Again, we know they like him. Contract up next summer so price wouldn't be insane.

Diaby - The crown jewel of the Summer business. £60m+

Then a young right sided CB full of potential to eventually fully take the place of Schar. And a young (likely from South America), more defensive CM, partly for depth, and partly to push the likes of J7 and Willock. 

Hopefully not Lodi, he can’t defend, thought he was the worst player on the pitch on Friday night.

One thing I hope this new ownership improves, and where I see a lot of room for our growth is the youth development, which basically went dead under Ashley.

When you look at how many players England produced in recent times, and how many talented players we used to produce in 80s and 90s, with new and improved training grounds, hopefully next Bellingham or Foden comes through our academy.

That could prove to be much more effective than paying 40m for every above average British young player.

Edited by kocunar

8 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think early signs suggest it's likely to be him or Tierney. 

I don't see it myself. There's no way our top 2 targets for that position are a crock and a Forrest player. Rumours mean very little nowadays.

Six or seven is a lot of money needing spent like. It worries me, we'll be lucky if we get half of that in. Eddie's been saying ffp will effect us this summer window aswell.  So unless it's frees and cheap buyouts I cannot see us doing enough business. 

22 minutes ago, andycap said:

Six or seven is a lot of money needing spent like. It worries me, we'll be lucky if we get half of that in. Eddie's been saying ffp will effect us this summer window aswell.  So unless it's frees and cheap buyouts I cannot see us doing enough business. 

Champions League qualification basically enables us to say bye bye to FFP restrictions with all the new revenue streams we can invent plus other legit income.

19 minutes ago, KDT said:

Champions League qualification basically enables us to say bye bye to FFP restrictions with all the new revenue streams we can invent plus other legit income.

This is true, however with the caveat that it's consistent CL qualification that really opens these streams up. Say we do make it this year, it will have been partly based on us being absolute boss radgies, but partly based on Chelsea, Liverpool, & to some extent Spurs being abnormally shit. Even with heavy Summer investment we'd likely start next season as outsiders for a top 4 finish. Still think we are a couple of Summer windows away from being a consistent top 4 side. 

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

This is true, however with the caveat that it's consistent CL qualification that really opens these streams up. Say we do make it this year, it will have been partly based on us being absolute boss radgies, but partly based on Chelsea, Liverpool, & to some extent Spurs being abnormally shit. Even with heavy Summer investment we'd likely start next season as outsiders for a top 4 finish. Still think we are a couple of Summer windows away from being a consistent top 4 side. 

Too early to say really.

3 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah I listened to that this morning. 6 players - LB, CB, 2 x midfielders (you’d imagine one number 6 type possibly, one more attacking), two forwards, (one winger and one adaptable forward/winger is about right Joao Pedro?) Plus trying to shift a load of players out.

Whether we can get all our targets is another thing but there’s definitely be 4-5 I think and 6 would be fantastic. 

Tierney

Kone

Maddison

Diaby

Thuram

I'll give them a bye for a centre half til January

34 minutes ago, KDT said:

Qualifying for CL this season would only allow for extra spending in 2025 summer window, surely? Or can you spend on anticipated CL income?

Otherwise we're limited to any extra commercial income we bring in by the summer, and more likely competing with Everton, West Ham and Leeds on purchasing power.

Don't know why other fans believe we're going to splash the cash big time when we're seemingly a long way off being able to do so.

Edited by Turnbull2000

4 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Qualifying for CL this season would only allow for extra spending in 2025 summer window, surely? Or can you spend on anticipated CL income?

Otherwise we're limited to any extra commercial income we bring in by the summer, and more likely competing with Everton, West Ham and Leeds on purchasing power.

Don't know why other fans believe we're going to splash the cash big time when we're seemingly a long way off being able to do so.

From a commercial side of things I wouldn't think we would be signing 1 year contracts with sponsors, they'll be longish term & we'll be able to say this is fair market value because we're in the Champions League, if we then don't qualify the following season those sponsorship deals are already in place. It's not like existing contracts would need to be lowered, they would be signed for the maximum value we can extract at the time. We can fiddle the market in that way, if we don't get Champions League this season it might only be short term deals that we sign so these can be revisited earlier.

Just now, KDT said:

From a commercial side of things I wouldn't think we would be signing 1 year contracts with sponsors, they'll be longish term & we'll be able to say this is fair market value because we're in the Champions League, if we then don't qualify the following season those sponsorship deals are already in place. It's not like existing contracts would need to be lowered, they would be signed for the maximum value we can extract at the time. We can fiddle the market in that way, if we don't get Champions League this season it might only be short term deals that we sign so these can be revisited earlier.

Could any sponsorship deals not be performance related ?

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Could any sponsorship deals not be performance related ?

I'm not sure if any deals currently are, would be too easy to pay a £50m bonus from Saudi Air for beating Burnley at home.

8 minutes ago, KDT said:

I'm not sure if any deals currently are, would be too easy to pay a £50m bonus from Saudi Air for beating Burnley at home.

No I mean for example a shirt sponsorship over 3yrs which will increase if we get into Europe, more again Champs league, Cup win etc because they do create more exposure which is the point if sponsorship.