Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

We signed Smith the summer I started following and besides Owen and Martins he was the only player I knew, so thought it was great despite what everyone else said. Learned from that quickly.

Just puts the Championship at time into perspective, we romped the league and he started 31 times :lol:

We signed loads that summer we signed smith if I remember right

Beye Cacapa Faye Rozenhal Geremi Enrique Barton Viduka from the top of my head

Thought we were gonna be fucking mint under Allardyce

Ahh to be 17 and naive again

22 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

It’s obviously far too soon to tell if Gordon is going to be a decent or shite signing but facts are that he’s not looked all that amazing so far. Doesn’t mean he won’t, just not right now. But that’s a lot of money spent, if he wished away another 30m+ on a certified dud like McTominay, that would be a lot of negativity from supporters and probably the owners.. I just can’t see him being that stupid.

Gordon was a punt.. that’s fair enough, but we need to be bringing in players where the stats/data show exactly what we’re getting. Just like when Bruno signed. We knew we were getting a progressive midfielder.

Gordon should have had a couple of assists already tbf, some nice skills on show to create them as well. I think there's a player in there.

Just now, gbandit said:

Isn’t the main issue that he doesn’t want to come here? Seems a difficult thing to surmount 

I doubt we would be wasting time trying to sign him if he had no interest in coming. 

55 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Isn’t the main issue that he doesn’t want to come here? Seems a difficult thing to surmount 

Presume that could change with European football?

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Presume that could change with European football?

Perhaps, I’m sure there was some quote where he said he would only go to Real or 2-3 other clubs at that level. Could just be paper talk though 

After pretty much every position according to Chris Waugh on their podcast, LB, CB, CM and Fwd all directly referenced. More so if CL is attained as they know the squad isn’t good enough.

3 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Is he at that level?

I’ve only really seen him from his appearances for France at the World Cup. I’d say he looked like he was at that sort of level but it was a pretty small sample size. He had incredible pace, made great decisions, top technique but I never watched Mönchengladbach and how people perform for their country doesn’t always mirror club form so I’m sure there’ll be others who know how consistent he is/isn’t 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Perhaps, I’m sure there was some quote where he said he would only go to Real or 2-3 other clubs at that level. Could just be paper talk though 

Really not leaving himself with a lot of options there mind, is he? :lol:

54 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

"NEWCASTLE have suffered a blow in their pursuit of Napoli star Khvicha Kvaratskhelia after reports of Paris Saint-Germain lining up a stunning £159MILLION offer."

What a surprise

How they can throw money about the way they do is crazy, it's a piss poor league money wise. So where is there income coming from? Ffp should be more difficult than ours is. 

25 minutes ago, andycap said:

How they can throw money about the way they do is crazy, it's a piss poor league money wise. So where is there income coming from? Ffp should be more difficult than ours is. 

Well, Qatar.

8 hours ago, Disco said:

After pretty much every position according to Chris Waugh on their podcast, LB, CB, CM and Fwd all directly referenced. More so if CL is attained as they know the squad isn’t good enough.

Yeah I listened to that this morning. 6 players - LB, CB, 2 x midfielders (you’d imagine one number 6 type possibly, one more attacking), two forwards, (one winger and one adaptable forward/winger is about right Joao Pedro?) Plus trying to shift a load of players out.

Whether we can get all our targets is another thing but there’s definitely be 4-5 I think and 6 would be fantastic. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

5 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah I listened to that this morning. 6 players - LB, CB, 2 x midfielders (you’d imagine one number 6 type possibly, one more attacking), two forwards, (one winger and one adaptable forward/winger is about right Joao Pedro?) Plus trying to shift a load of players out.

Whether we can get all our targets is another thing but there’s definitely be 4-5 I think and 6 would be fantastic. 

6 players would be incredible - would give us so many options 

Which podcast is this btw? Might give it a listen….

6 hours ago, elbee909 said:

"NEWCASTLE have suffered a blow in their pursuit of Napoli star Khvicha Kvaratskhelia after reports of Paris Saint-Germain lining up a stunning £159MILLION offer."

What a surprise

I'm done with this club. Amanda oot.