Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

50 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Yeah think we’ll try again for Joao Pedro in the summer, feels like we’re still very interested. He qualifies as home-grown as well, which is a boon.

Does he? Didn’t know that. Definitely something that would be extremely helpful to us. Also adds increased justification to the rumoured price tag like.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Have AC not learned from past experiences?

Still a signing I was disappointed to see suddenly fall through, even though Isak came soon after.

Does he fit in a team alongside Isak or as his backup?

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

Have AC not learned from past experiences?

Still a signing I was disappointed to see suddenly fall through, even though Isak came soon after.

Does he fit in a team alongside Isak or as his backup?

Can play across the front 3, not sure his best position but I’m pretty sure Watford fans say he isn’t an out and out striker.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can play across the front 3, not sure his best position but I’m pretty sure Watford fans say he isn’t an out and out striker.

That would be so handy for us, remember him looking pretty good from what I saw before it fell through. Something I keep anticipating at some point under Eddie is to see him try to create a partnership like he had with Wilson and King at Bournemouth.

What would the price look like now though with the new contract?

35 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think Howe would love to be in a situation where he has a totally fluid/interchangeable front 3, with all 3 players capable of switching about with no drop off in performance.

Just now, Conjo said:

Depends on whether Watford gets promoted or not I'd imagine.

Would hope there's a pretty favourable release clause attached for him if they fail to yoyo, seeing as they appeared to mess him around last summer.

34 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

That would be so handy for us, remember him looking pretty good from what I saw before it fell through. Something I keep anticipating at some point under Eddie is to see him try to create a partnership like he had with Wilson and King at Bournemouth.

What would the price look like now though with the new contract?

Probably upwards of 30 million I would think.

11 hours ago, elbee909 said:

"NEWCASTLE have suffered a blow in their pursuit of Napoli star Khvicha Kvaratskhelia after reports of Paris Saint-Germain lining up a stunning £159MILLION offer."

What a surprise

Where's that from? The Daily Star?

If anyone thinks, after the season he has had, Kvaratskhelia is going anywhere other than PSG, City, or Real Madrid then they're kidding themselves. Based on this season he has instantly jumped into the elite tier bracket with the likes of Mbappe and Haaland. Personally I'd wait a season anyway, make sure there isn't a massive drop off in his second year. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

If anyone thinks, after the season he has had, Kvaratskhelia is going anywhere other than PSG, City, or Real Madrid then they're kidding themselves. Based on this season he has instantly jumped into the elite tier bracket with the likes of Mbappe and Haaland. Personally I'd wait a season anyway, make sure there isn't a massive drop off in his second year. 

His agent was talking up Real and Barca a week or two ago.

3 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

This is true, however with the caveat that it's consistent CL qualification that really opens these streams up. Say we do make it this year, it will have been partly based on us being absolute boss radgies, but partly based on Chelsea, Liverpool, & to some extent Spurs being abnormally shit. Even with heavy Summer investment we'd likely start next season as outsiders for a top 4 finish. Still think we are a couple of Summer windows away from being a consistent top 4 side. 

For next season it's about finishing top 5, so we only need to be better than 2 of the so called big 6 

I don't buy the "teams have been abnormally shit" line.

Generally speaking, the 70 point mark will see you qualify or be there or there abouts for CL football. Sometimes it's a bit more, sometimes it's a bit less.

Teams will always go through peaks and troughs, whether that be Man United and Arsenal in recent seasons or Chelsea and Liverpool this season.

I am really hoping we target players with a mega high ceiling, who may be a bit under the radar. Brighton are doing this SO well. I envy this model. 
I personally dont want to shop in the EPL rejects pool. Brighton have so many good players in the ranks, or out on loan who could easily come step in, eg: Kacper Kozłowski, Facundo Buonanotte, Yasin Ayari etc

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I don't buy the "teams have been abnormally shit" line.

Generally speaking, the 70 point mark will see you qualify or be there or there abouts for CL football. Sometimes it's a bit more, sometimes it's a bit less.

Teams will always go through peaks and troughs, whether that be Man United and Arsenal in recent seasons or Chelsea and Liverpool this season.

Totally agree, nobody has a default right to finish 4th. Some go up and down gradually, some have weird good or bad seasons. We will be up there as long as we build the squad and perform to our best.

Shit source so hopefully bollocks but this makes no sense if it's true. Bruno, Isak and Botman have been amongst our best players this season, none of whom played in English football beforehand. The clubs we want to be competing with, the 'big 6' hardly ever take this approach either and with good reason. Hope it's a load of shite.

Ah yes, so players like Chris Wood, plenty of experience. As opposed to more players like Bruno, Isak and Botman.

I hate that I've seen that being repeated so many times. Premier League experience is over fucking rated.

Edited by mikejaxer

26 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Shit source so hopefully bollocks but this makes no sense if it's true. Bruno, Isak and Botman have been amongst our best players this season, none of whom played in English football beforehand. The clubs we want to be competing with, the 'big 6' hardly ever take this approach either and with good reason. Hope it's a load of shite.

‘Phase 2’