Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

But you're admitting here that he's improved Almiron and Joelinton, no reason why he couldn't do the same with McTominay. I mean, don't get me wrong the thought of getting McTominay isn't an exciting one, but Howe is more than capable of getting a tune out of him.

I’ve already said that I think Howe could make him better than he has shown. It’s not the damn point :lol: Imagine how good a player can become under Howe if X player isn’t as  limited and has much more talent. 

55 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Absolutely, I wasn’t a big fan of the signing but yeah there is definitely potential. Still think at 45 million we overpaid though.

Young English premium.

Edited by SAK
Poor use of punctuation.

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

But you're admitting here that he's improved Almiron and Joelinton, no reason why he couldn't do the same with McTominay. I mean, don't get me wrong the thought of getting McTominay isn't an exciting one, but Howe is more than capable of getting a tune out of him.

But wouldn't you rather turn an already good player to an amazing player rather than shite to decent?

What you have to remember is, Eddie Howe will turn an average player into a good player and a good player into a very good player and a very good player into a potential great player.

Whoever we do bring in I'm fairly confident it will go through Howe and co for the final nod and if that's the case then Howe will know what he can get from any player on the list.

You also have to look at the youngsters who are coming through and under Howe and his team I can see a steady stream of that talent coming into the fold.

Look at Anderson and how he's starting to get a look in and actually does look a quality young player. Let's not forget the up and coming as part of the squad set up. Ashby is another that may be closer to starts.

We might not need too many new signings but the one's we do get will be quality without a doubt, I think.

It just depends on what Howe envisions for McTominay. If he sees him as a nailed-on starter, then he's nowhere near good enough for what we want to be. If he sees him as a nice piece of squad depth, then I'd be more likely to be OK with it. Howe has improved a lot of players but even in their improved forms, they're still nowhere near good enough for a CL side. I can't imagine McTominay as anything other than a depth signing and just one of many other signings. I suppose we'll see. 

The price dictates if it would be a smart signing or not, to help us out with depth.

He wouldn't be part of the main eleven imo, and for that reason I can't see him wanting the move.

Regardless of how much Eddie can improve him, he won't reach the level we require to progress especially at the age he is.

12 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

The price dictates if it would be a smart signing or not, to help us out with depth.

He wouldn't be part of the main eleven imo, and for that reason I can't see him wanting the move.

Regardless of how much Eddie can improve him, he won't reach the level we require to progress especially at the age he is.

He'd cost about what Botman or Bruno cost.  I'd rather take a punt on another player from Ligue 1

Realistically the mancs would sting us for 20 million at least, whatever great deals we struck for Shelvey and Wood would be cancelled immediately.

Then you’d get Chelsea signing someone like Kone for 40 million and we’d be fucking gutted.

As much as I love Eddie just fucking no.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

McTominay’s ill disciplined and a walking red card, move over Nicky Butt and Alan Smith we’ve got our next manc reject. Give me North Shields finest any day ahead of this useless twat.

If Tierney and McTominay are really the top targets the blue print for transfers appears to have changed. Give Nickson back full control if this is Ashworth and Howe working in tandem.

Lets hope Ashworth was behind Brightons signings and not the chief scout who went to Chelsea. Paying over the top transfer fees for Top 4 rejects is not the way to topple them in the short or long term.

Having seen who posted this I now want us to sign mctominay.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

That’s because he plays for the mancs part time, those yellows will be sharp upgraded just watch.

He was a starting midfielder for us for three and a half years. 

He loves a tackle but wouldn't say he's ill disciplined. 

16 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He was a starting midfielder for us for three and a half years. 

He loves a tackle but wouldn't say he's ill disciplined. 

And you were shite those 3 years, your lot look shite when he plays these days too.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

And you were shite those 3 years, your lot look shite when he plays these days too.

McTominay was one of our better players during that period. 

We finished 3rd and 2nd in the league with him as a starting midfielder. Shite for us maybe in your opinion but dream stuff for you right now.