Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

He may be an ok player and add depth, but I'm not a fan of spending £40m or whatever is being quoted on him, and I'm especially not a fan of giving that amount to Man U for him so they can go buy someone better.

Free transfer or small fee? Fair enough. But not for those numbers, and especially not to a direct rival.

Small Fee? Wouldn't give them f*ck all following the screwing they tried over Lingard, prob did us a favour in reality

8 hours ago, toon25 said:

Fucking hated Nicky Butt. Utter, utter, shit.

Remember that pointless overhead kick at the time too. Just...why?

Up there with one of the worst players I have seen in a Toon shirt -  utter shite 

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

Worst thing was that he hung around for ages, year after year after year, just because he was Nicky Butt.

That performance is the SF v Man U - good grief - the stuff of footballing nightmares 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Could be my memory playing tricks on me but whilst it started badly for Butt I'm sure he had a season and half/or two where he was actually good for us 

I remember him been decent for a season at least. Was it not in the geremi butt Barton partnership. 

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

I remember him been decent for a season at least. Was it not in the geremi butt Barton partnership. 

Can't remember exactly but sure it was after he came back from his season long loan at Birmingham (where ironically he fell out with Bruce after he picked his knacker of a son ahead of him)

That season he played well as I remember a lot of fans saying he turned things around after the first season or two where he was horrific 

2 hours ago, Mikky said:

Up there with one of the worst players I have seen in a Toon shirt -  utter shite 

I didn’t particularly like him but that’s way over the top. He was Zidane compared to Alan Smith for starters.

It was just so baffling that Smith kept getting starts, there were rumours at the time that he had some kind of clause in his contract guaranteeing him starts and it really could have been possible because no manager could possibly watch him and then keep picking him unless he was compelled to.

Edited by Chris_R

We signed Smith the summer I started following and besides Owen and Martins he was the only player I knew, so thought it was great despite what everyone else said. Learned from that quickly.

Just puts the Championship at time into perspective, we romped the league and he started 31 times :lol: