Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

It's in our hands, the players don't need to do anything they haven't done all ready. Maintain the season's average ppg to date (1.8) and we'll be on 68 points. A lot will depend on where we get our wins, the 6 pointers will define our season.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

All of those players Liverpool bought  from Southampton won them a Champions League.

Arsenal buying Jesus and Zinchenko may yet win them the league too.

Cucurella, Richarlison, Drinkwater, Alexis, Iwobi, Maguire, Bissouma. My point really was i think Kone/Diaby have enough talent. For every Anthony, Scamacca, Pepe there is a Botman, Palhina, 

Regardless of where we finish this season I think the summer window is going to be a really exciting one. Have to think we'll be targeting players to really push on, trust the people in charge to do the business we need

Think relegated teams in particular you get a decent price.

We sold Gini & Sissoko for a combined £55m. They went on to both make over 200 appearances each for Spurs & Liverpool - that's one Naby Keita. Robertson & Maguire from relegated sides. We got Pope from Burnley for a good fee.

Lots of talented lads in that relegation scrap. A lot of talented youngsters in particular. Would love them to come in for the likes of Murphy & Ritchie.

26 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

We have 12 games left so 36 points to play for. 6 wins and 2 draws from the final 12 gets 20 points and is achievable. Who knows if that will be enough to get 4th

Had a brain fart and thought it was a 36 game season for whatever reason. Still think we'll fall just short.

Mind you, we'd all have taken that if offered 8 months ago.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Think relegated teams in particular you get a decent price.

We sold Gini & Sissoko for a combined £55m. They went on to both make over 200 appearances each for Spurs & Liverpool - that's one Naby Keita. Robertson & Maguire from relegated sides. We got Pope from Burnley for a good fee.

Lots of talented lads in that relegation scrap. A lot of talented youngsters in particular. Would love them to come in for the likes of Murphy & Ritchie.

Anthony Gordon a few months ago! Completely with you on that point though.

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

We're not qualifying for the CL, let's be honest [emoji38]

We just might. It's absolutely possible.

Having said that, it becomes a big hope and dream for many of us fans and a Europa place would be acceptable happily.

I think anything outside of that would be classed as a minor failure rather than any catastrophe.

The quality of player we entice will largely come down to us qualifying for something, whether it's CL or Europa.

The thing is we need to build steady with top quality and offload the many that will not make that step up. Then that leaves space for the young talent we've taken onboard, who will steadily (in many areas) gain in quality themselves with being around a saturation of quality.

It's exciting to think about but the proof will be in the pudding.

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

We could do a lot worse than raiding Southampton when they go down. Loads of great young talent there (their issue was relying on them in the most competitive league in the world).

European football.

If we're in the Europa or Conference they'll get good minutes there. And in the CL. We'll just need the depth for everything.

If we have no European football. I would consider doing a Chelsea style thing where we bring them in for modest fees, long contracts and loan them out again so their value increases. Use the following season or sell.

I'd be shocked if Eze from Palace wasn't on our list. Ticks every box. He must be fucking sick seeing woy rock up again.

I think Eddie would work wonders with him. 

That's why I'm largely not worried about our summer. We are a mega attractive option to a player from every club in Europe and the PL, aside from maybe 10?

We showed that even the likes of Milan couldn't compete. We don't need to worry about finding targets.

1 hour ago, STM said:

I'd be shocked if Eze from Palace wasn't on our list. Ticks every box. He must be fucking sick seeing woy rock up again.

I think Eddie would work wonders with him. 

Watch a lot of Palace and nope to both him and Olise.

Unless we can get them for under £20m.

It's Zaha & Anderson for me.

Palace won't go down mind.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Watch a lot of Palace and nope to both him and Olise.

Unless we can get them for under £20m.

It's Zaha & Anderson for me.

Palace won't go down mind.

Palace don't need to go down. Anderson is a good shout.