Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, TRC said:

We can't replace Trippier with a 21 year old with  1 senior appearance.

We still have Krafth on the books, he'll do as a back up to Tripps. Maybe we'll move Manquillo on.

I suppose it depends what positions we go for in the summer, for me Krafth isn't good enough despite playing well last season but RB probably isn't a priority right now.

If we were to sign 6 new players off the top of my head I would imagine (Sell Dubravka and buy a no.2, LB to replace Burn, Sell Lascalles and buy a younger CB, 2 CMs, Winger, ST).

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Could do with someone that can genuinely challenge Tripps.

At the moment there are probably only 3 or 4 right backs in the world that can do that. 

We just need backup. Krafth was that last season and was good. Depends how he comes back I suppose.

Edited by Smal

12 minutes ago, STM said:

We need Krafth back so that we can give Trippier a legitimate rest from time to time. For a 32 year old Tripper has put in some minutes this season.

Aye to expect he gets through that and more next season at this level is unrealistic imo. He needs a proper player behind him.

A lot of pressure on Krafth after such a gigantic injury.

1 hour ago, arnonel said:

I would like 2-3 first teamers, and then a few young players, with a high ceiling, who are ok to be blooded over an extended period. Super talents who are ok to be backups in the short term, play all the cups, and look to challenge after 9-12 months

Aye this is it.

While we need first team quality in key positions. We need players the level and a profile of a Levi Colwill.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Just a rumour but this is a classic Real Madrid signing.

Ceballos has been brilliant though. Will probably earn himself another contract. A fair few players at Real are playing really well for a new contract to stay there.

6 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Wenger used to say you could make three signings maximum before you risk serious squad cohesion issues. Now I'm confident we will continue to sign well and we should aim for quality in depth through squad but i think it is a really delicate balancing act. 

We need to be aiming for epic characters as much as anything else.

It's mental how much good will I have towards our current squad of players.

Like, I'm at a point where even if it's financially feasible with FFP I think I wouldn't want us going out and signing half a dozen absolutely top class players :lol:

Players like Willock, Almiron and Longstaff deserve to be in the running to play a lot of football again next season. Think so much of our success is down to how the dressing room is managed and we need to prioritise keeping that above all else.

Quality over quantity this summer.

Alphonso Davies

Declan Rice

Moussa Diaby

Give me those three this summer and no significant outgoings please.

Listed those three as they're probably at the top of the list of each of the type of players I'd want. A dynamic LB, an all-action midfielder and a left-footed right winger who scores goals.

I realize that those three are all ambitious targets who may have better options but if we do get a CL place there'll be only half a dozen clubs out there that are out of our league in terms of pulling power in the transfer market.

Add two or three tasty treats that Ashworth has hopefully identified that can come in and provide exciting young depth and we'll be golden. Maybe a CB, CM and a versatile striker that can also play on the wings.

Only first team player I can see leaving is ASM. Just hard to call what'll happen with him IMO. Think it's all honestly going to come down to whether the medical staff think he can be got to a point that his body is able for what our style of play demands. If they don't think he can, we'll need another option for LW.

Aye.

Like I said, those were basically my first choices of the players we've had any links with.

Something like Kieran Tierney, Manu Kone and James Maddison might be a bit more realistic as our three major signings and I don't think that would be bad :lol:

I actually think we'll sign Diaby though, for some reason. Seems like he's been a long term target since the takeover and we've been biding our time.

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Aye.

Like I said, those were basically my first choices of the players we've had any links with.

Something like Kieran Tierney, Manu Kone and James Maddison might be a bit more realistic as our three major signings and I don't think that would be bad :lol:

I actually think we'll sign Diaby though, for some reason. Seems like he's been a long term target since the takeover and we've been biding our time.

Of the three, Diaby would be the most realistic in terms of transfer fee, wages and profile it makes sense along with the links and our new style of playing the long game.

Other two likely out of our reach.

Tierney and the injuries is a huge turn off. Kone yes please he looks quality, how much would he go for?

Maddison is in the same realistic bracket as Diaby in that we've shown clear interest so could go back for a long term target.

I’m with you @Shak

Id caveat that with potentially a fast better on ball LCB / LB if we can’t get Davies. (Ie someone who can play Big Dan’s role but is simply quicker and more potent when actually getting up pitch). I’m all in on Rice who I believe has the engine of Longie but better all around play, and a dynamo RW. Going to be hard for me to accept anyone displacing Joelinton and Joe Willock at LW/LCM at this point. Doing so stunts development of two sensational talents who play our ball and are integral to how we function as a team. 

I don’t want to see Bruno out of the deep playmaker role.

Edited by Kanji

I’d love for Davies to come, would erase Edgar being the only Canadian I can remember playing for us. I’ve met him, he’s a great guy, but Davies is unreal. Pickup Jonathan David to eventually replace Wilson and I’ll die a happy man.

As a fellow Canadian, I can vouch for them not being dickheads. [emoji38]

Prefer quantity tbh. It will be very difficult to play with our style of football without depth. We need a right sided centre back ideally a pacey one. Not really sure who I would go for in that position. We need an attack minded left back perhaps someone like Grimaldo, though I haven’t seen him lay much. Davies is way out of our reach for that position. In a year or two it might be possible but not now.

There are a number of good options seemingly for the em role. Ugarte, Lavia, Kone, Haidara. Rice is good but surely one of the aforementioned options would be better especially for the price.

Maddison seems a no brainier especially as Veiga now looks destined for Real.

Rw perhaps Alex Scott would fill our English quota too.

as for the wing/cf role I would be in for either Pedro or Roque.

13 hours ago, STM said:

Eze is a player that makes all kind of sense in my eyes.

Looks like a major talent, but doesn't seem to be linked much with other clubs. Maybe there's some question marks about his application / attitude or something like that.