Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, Sean said:

Why don't some of you try ignoring others' opinions instead of creating page after page of pointless arguments?

I posted earlier about going round in circles with the same poster(s) for days on end. It's pointless and exhausting. And that's just reading it, never mind doing the posting.

I said it a while ago, but I think some people might end up coming to the realisation (or maybe they won't) that their happiness isn't tied to Newcastle in the way that they thought it was and that they're actually just unhappy. 

If you can't feel positive now (ignoring the off-the-field issues anyway) about the club, I'm not sure if you ever will. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

55 minutes ago, madras said:

I'm sure someone said there are big regional variations in Brazil and he would pronounce his name differently to most of Brazil.

Like Jude Bellingham if he came from up here.

There are regional variations, I don't know about brittish accents, but Brazil is as large as the usa, pronunciation change more in the rhythm people speak and in sounds of "s" "de" "te" and slangs more than anything

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

Why don't some of you try ignoring others' opinions instead of creating page after page of pointless arguments?

Just trying to help folks look on the brighter side of life man! :D

1 hour ago, STM said:

It's some weird form of virtual signalling. What they do is predict an impending doom or worst case scenario, so that they can come back and say "I told you so", if it happens. They rarely celebrate any sort of success, in fact, when there is success they say things like "it will be harder next year". 

It's this false idea that the most negative person in a room is the "realist" or just "calling a spade a spade", trying to play the role of the cautious wise owl.

In reality they just get a real kick from pissing on peoples chips or casting a shadow over people's positivity.

This is football, half the fucking league is fantasising on when it might be "their turn". For once it might actually be ours, so for once can we assume the club is doing the right thing and that the future is bright instead of pouring cold water over peoples hopes and dreams. [emoji38]

I don't care if the pessimism turns out to be true. Just let me bathe in this fantasy of lies just a wee while longer because it feels so glorious.

👍🏻 Luke Edwards is in this gang to. Total click bait merchant, always looking to spread the doom! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

30 minutes ago, STM said:

You could go into any thread on this forum and start writing negative things, watch:

Pope: No better than Dubravka

Wilson: Crock

Eddie Howe: Unproven at the top level

Ramos: Won't happen, he's shit anyway

Plane Spotting: Bunch of nerdy virgins with nowt better to do

You see, it's dead easy and the bottom one is only partially true [emoji38]

Exactly, they do have better things to do.

This has happened before the lack of new information drives infinity style arguments that cannot be won or lost. Bit like when the takeover went silent the "void" was filled with something not going to say that something was worth while or pointless for risk of creating a new loop. 

The lack of tangible links and the realisation that we are still heavily restricted in what we do is at times a bit of a downer. Wasn't expecting the whole squad to go or be replaced but wanted the current starting 11 improved more than what we have. Time on our side and if clubs blink we may get 3 bodies in but then again we stand firm and go again in Jan and get none. Both have their merits but still feel we are a few injuries away from a crisis. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

You could go into any thread on this forum and start writing negative things, watch:

Plane Spotter Thread Motto: Better to be following planes, than to be followed by Dark Justice 

Edited by bobbydazzla

I don’t believe anything Eddie says now after the non-comment in last week’s news conference about a new contract that was announced that afternoon. Easy for him to tell everyone this morning that there’s no new news on signings. Fully expect us to announce something amazing in the next 24-48 hours. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Which posters do this?

If you have any criticism - lots of people cry. That's what really happens.

I don't think anyone is genuinely unhappy about things with the club. Some are *underwhelmed* at the window, some think we might not improve attackers and are dissappointed. Some think some mistakes have been made along the way. Nobody thinks the Owners want us to remain midtable forever and won't try to make us better.

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Although I like Almiron, and am willing him to shine this season, i think we can compare the attempt to improve upon him to the Burn/Botman transfer.

Almiron is probably the weakest link in our team [I'd say Willock or whoever plays that role, but they also have the chance this season], but more importantly, his back up [Murphy] is the weakest link in our reserves. 

Therefore getting an affordable improvement, like Burn, to take the role for a year before stepping aside isn't so crazy. A loan might be the best option as Almiron would be adequate cover.

January was a lot more different because of where we were. Now we're in the position we are with no danger of relegation, I'd prefer us to either go big (Maddison, Paqueta, etc) or go for loans. Don't really see the point in a Burn/Wood sort of signing who'd potentially only be a marginal upgrade and then have no resale value and hurt us in terms of FFP 

Guest HTT II

Mind, if we fail to add quality to the squad after the business we have already done, I’d classify it as a massive failure because we badly need at least 2 quality attacking players still. We are a mediocre team as it is, albeit a consistent one in terms of not losing many games since Howe was appointed. Any lengthy injury to Wilson screws us, same with ASM or Bruno. 

Think it's gonna be a huge missed opportunity if we can't bring in at least a really good winger. Even if we have to pay a bit over the odds it will be worth it long term.

With the state of Man Utd particularly, we would have a good chance of getting into the top 8 which would help us attract better players next season.

@Happinesstan @Optimistic Nut Agree a loan is preferred. No point in going the Dan Burn route on a permanent transfer.

I think Harrison is potentially in a similar bucket. That's why we won't go higher than what we think we might be able to get for him in a couple years if things go well. I think he's a genuine upgrade on Almiron but we'll probably want to upgrade relatively soon so resale value is key.

For similar money I think we could get Zaha and he could be a transformative player for us. But no resale value at all really. Maddison is transformative for me but seemingly too expensive.

Ramos ticks everything in terms of what the Management want. I think we need someone who can play RW more though.

Edited by The College Dropout

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

January was a lot more different because of where we were. Now we're in the position we are with no danger of relegation, I'd prefer us to either go big (Maddison, Paqueta, etc) or go for loans. Don't really see the point in a Burn/Wood sort of signing who'd potentially only be a marginal upgrade and then have no resale value and hurt us in terms of FFP 

I don't know if anyone is really disagreeing though. Burn was fantastic for the position we were in, we aren't in that position now, so why would we be making those type of signings? I'm pretty sure the club is relaying the same message, we are only interested in a very select pool of quality players, otherwise I'm sure we could have signed Cornet or Dennis by now.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I don't know if anyone is really disagreeing though. Burn was fantastic for the position we were in, we aren't in that position now, so why would we be making those type of signings? I'm pretty sure the club is relaying the same message, we are only interested in a very select pool of quality players, otherwise I'm sure we could have signed Cornet or Dennis by now.

I was just replying to this.

---

Therefore getting an affordable improvement, like Burn, to take the role for a year before stepping aside isn't so crazy. 

---

I don't think the wing equivalent of Dann would be significantly better or definitely not the difference between 9th & 7th. Almiron and Fraser are probably already that equivalent.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think people just want to disagree with me.

I think ON agreed and made the same point - nobody has quoted him to tell him he's wrong.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I was just replying to this.

---

Therefore getting an affordable improvement, like Burn, to take the role for a year before stepping aside isn't so crazy. 

---

I don't think the wing equivalent of Dann would be significantly better or definitely not the difference between 9th & 7th. Almiron and Fraser are probably already that equivalent.

I would take a DB type winger (let's say 8-11 G/A in the PL) over our lads on loan for a year. Those types don't tend to get loaned out unless they're coming from a big club like the Chelsea lot. I think Trossard and Harrison are in that bracket ability wise. Much better than what we have but not potential top 6 quality.