Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, McCormick said:

I’m leaning towards this as well but remember Maddison is an amazing player in his own right, a leader, Pl-proven and probably 20m+ cheaper.

DS for me like - can play in more positions than Maddison

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

187cm

1cm bigger than Big Joe

Unless we are in for Ugarte I think the other midfield signing might be K Thuram - unless DS becomes our winger signing and we get another midfielder in 

Imo we need an attacking CM and a CM either a box to box that is very athletic or more of a number 6. Personally I think I would prefer someone in the mould of Kone/Thuram than a pure DM that doesn’t offer much going forward. 

Just now, Ikon said:

Imo we need an attacking CM and a CM either a box to box that is very athletic or more of a number 6. Personally I think I would prefer someone in the mould of Kone/Thuram than a pure DM that doesn’t offer much going forward. 

Ugarte

Alvarez 

Rice

Thuram 

Kone

DS

Alex Scott

Y Fofana

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I think we need a out and out DM, all our current midfielders are attack minded.

I would be very happy with that too as long as this player has good technical ability and passing range. Especially if not offering much else like ball carrying ability for example. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I would be very happy with that too as long as this player has good technical ability and passing range. Especially if not offering much else like ball carrying ability for example. 

Yeah if we get a DM - his ability to pass the ball has to be of a high level - none of this bollocks side to side passing - forward and penetrative 

Not sure if reports are true and if he still has the hunger but we could do worse than Brozovic for about the reported 30m. Not seen anything of him this season mind. 

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Ugarte and Alvarez are cheeks, man. Want them no where near us.

Zubimendi is my ideal choice for the role (or Rice) - not realistic either of them - Paulinha another shout 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Not sure if reports are true and if he still has the hunger but we could do worse than Brozovic for about the reported 30m. Not seen anything of him this season mind. 

Not for me - think his best years have gone 

Just now, Mikky said:

Not for me - think his best years have gone 

You probably are right since he can’t get in the Inter team. Not followed it closely and neither do I know the reasons for it. Used to be class. More likely to for a younger and probably rightly so.

10 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Rice is good but I think he is way overpriced at around 100m or whatever. Just scored.

I agree he is overpriced but I think he would fit well with us. Bruno, Rice, Longstaff, Big Joe, Willock. That is really good midfield. Could mix it up. Different combos.

1 minute ago, samptime29 said:

I agree he is overpriced but I think he would fit well with us. Bruno, Rice, Longstaff, Big Joe, Willock. That is really good midfield. Could mix it up. Different combos.

Totally agree. But half of our budget on one player is a bit rich imo (guessing 200m) 

Strongest argument against signing Szoboslai is that no one can spell his name correctly.

you didn’t even notice that I spelled it incorrectly just now. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

Strongest argument against signing Szoboslai is that no one can spell his name correctly.

To be fair we call Bruno by that name because when he signed there were that many differeny pronunciations of Guimaraes.

3 minutes ago, Deuce said:

A lot of our fans struggled with Burn and Wood so got nee chance with this lad