Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 hours ago, toontownman said:

IF we were in for Gallagher and Ramos, we have to be getting 3 in before window end. We can't go with what we have and not get another winger.. can we? :eek:

Not fully convinced by Gallagher but the likes of he, Harrison, CHO, Broja, Gordon and obviously Maddison would all be great additions that both improve us and can hit the ground running. Also all saleable assets. We will have to pay through the arse for that prem experience if that is what we want. 

It looks like we can only buy one expensive player at the moment, and if it was a question of Gallagher or Ramos, it would be Gallagher for me, despite the fact that striker is the more obvious need.

I just think Gallagher is a really good player and would suit our style perfectly. I think he could also play as a second striker, or even lead the line if need be. If there's a chance to sign him long-term, we shouldn't pass it up.

Chelsea seem dead set on Fofana, and may need to offload in order to buy him. Clutching at straws maybe.

9 hours ago, clintdempsey said:

Gallagher looks like a totalt c*nt. Him and Gordon are two of the players I can’t   stand. For the money we’d get Paqueta right?

Adding those two would massively enhance our squad. We’d have an absolutely top class central mid trio, and serious alternative to, competition for, Maxi. We’d ‘only’ still need an alternative to Wood—ideally young and able to play as a wide forward too—to be a genuine top six side with potential to grow. 

25 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I think Dan Ashtons arrival has well and truly plugged some holes in terms of what was getting said to the local press pack about potential transfers and targets. So if the lads who actually do this job for a living have next to zero info that there’s absolutely fucking no chance that Sean the plumber from Wallsend or Dan the estate agent from Gosforth have the inside scoop. 

I think they’ve learnt a lot from the Ekitike debacle about playing things out in full view.

Off to search for Dan Ashton’s estate agents from Gosforth 😉

3 minutes ago, LV said:

Yes but then come the recriminations.

For better or worse I just want it to shut and get on with the season. Sick fed up of this window. Hopefully we get enough in. 

That Sekou Marra, the one where we refused to pay the peanuts asking price looks a player. We need to stop being so frugal and pay the going worth for players to do the business we need to get done because as we saw yesterday when our better players have an off day we don’t have the squad depth to account for that.

7 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Gordon has bags of potential imo. Could be a class player.

Can’t see this being true though.

Don't see it me like. Badge thumper who runs around a lot with not much end product

8 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

That Sekou Marra, the one where we refused to pay the peanuts asking price looks a player. We need to stop being so frugal and pay the going worth for players to do the business we need to get done because as we saw yesterday when our better players have an off day we don’t have the squad depth to account for that.

There was some scouting report website that gave a glowing reference and predicted massive things from him. Think it was huge missed opportunity from our side.

If only we can somehow get 2 players the quality of Bellamy and Robert before the end of the window. A young fast forward and a class winger will transform us like it did then.

Edited by sempuki

Gordan reminds me of Almiron but with the advantage of being young enough to  (hopefully) iron out his end-product issues. 40m seems steep but, at this point, we really need to get the players in that Howe wants. If that’s Gordan for 40m, then so be it.