Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, duo said:

What do we recon? Striker and winger before close of the window? I think we'll be left short without. 

Yes, although I can't see us making the big signings we would like, might have to make do with players who will do a job for a season.

11 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Any money spent on Gordon would be wasted money given the seeming financial restrictions we're operating under. 

I don’t get this argument in regards to any player we buy or money we spend 

if the management team decide to go all in / or decide to sign a player (whatever the fee) 

I don’t see it as wasted money , its money spent on a player the club think will improve us , and probably a player that they think will get is where we want to be 

I trust our director of football / scouts / manager etc…. more than I trust random fans.

All signings at all clubs (no matter what the fee) have the potential to flop or be a huge success.

Transfer fees can sometimes be irrelevant, in terms of how things pan out.

We could sign Gordon for 20 million and he proves to be the worst signing ever ..,.could just as easily pay 40 million and prove to be an absolute steal (and vice versa) 

Just leave it in the hands of the new management  set up as they work with the players and know who we need.

Edited by JonBez comesock

The creative elements of our team need to step up now like the defensive side did since the start of the year. 

Almiron found the net  in Pre season, ASM can do it just needs to find consistency and willock was bought off the back of half a season of him farting in goals. Even wood should be able to provide and assist. His record at this level nowhere near as bad as what we've seen from him. 

We can't replace them all right now so some of them who want to remain need to sharpen up or fuck off. No more hangers on. You'd hope at least a couple step up like shelvey, Joelinton, Schar & kraft did last season. Finding a consistent winning formula with Willock & ASM is what I'd be looking at, with some optimism wood and almiron become something to use off the bench. 

5 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I think we will sign 2 players before the window shuts (permanent)

Plus 1 loan -

Howe has said for a couple of weeks 1 or 2 in hopefully. Obviously he could just be saying that to the media.

We're desperate for some real support for Wilson, if ASM is off his game we've got nothing going forward.  I'd hope we'll get at least a quality right winger but hopefully a striker too for one Wilson is crocked.

38 minutes ago, duo said:

What do we recon? Striker and winger before close of the window? I think we'll be left short without. 

I think we'll bring someone in on loan like Broja towards the end of the window and that'll be it

2 minutes ago, buzz said:

I think we'll bring someone in on loan like Broja towards the end of the window and that'll be it

How underwhelming would that be especially when clubs like Forest are having a proper go. They don’t seem to be held up by FFP. 

39 minutes ago, duo said:

Think we will get both. I think a midfielder that creates is also needed but I think it’ll be either that or a RW not both and a striker. 

2 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

How underwhelming would that be especially when clubs like Forest are having a proper go. They don’t seem to be held up by FFP. 

We could spend the double of Forest but they want to spend a fair bunch the next five windows also. Forest will be locked for a long time

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Where is Moise Kean?!

Wouldn't mind getting him on loan as a wide forward/striker.

Could play on that right side as well as fill in for Wilson upfront.

Overpriced, unmotivated, shite finisher, unprofessional and flopped in England.. I enjoy your posts mate but is there a player in world football that you wouldn't mind us getting? :lol:

4 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Overpriced, unmotivated, shite finisher, unprofessional and flopped in England.. I enjoy your posts mate but is there a player in world football that you wouldn't mind us getting? :lol:

Genuinely don't know what to say to this ...

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

Think we will get both. I think a midfielder that creates is also needed but I think it’ll be either that or a RW not both and a striker. 

For me if we can get a RW, AM and CF then that’s a 10/10 window for me - it’s a huge step in the right direction 

15 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

Don’t you earn like £100 million for winning the play offs. Sure you end up getting more money than wining the Championship 

35 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Where is Moise Kean?!

Wouldn't mind getting him on loan as a wide forward/striker.

Could play on that right side as well as fill in for Wilson upfront.

Just signed permanent for Juventus iirc.

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

Aside from the glaring need for quality at RW, we're desperate for a little more strength in depth. We're still too reliant on key individuals being available/having a good game to help us push forward. 

We're seeing progress with every game, but christ we need options coming off the bench.

Based on completely nothing I really feel the plan was to be left doing that at this stage. We had likely hoped to have had the winger and backup striker in. Then we would have been primed in the last part of the window to snap up and young players to pad the first team/reserves and move a couple more on if anyone else unmissable came available.

As it is we are likely now waiting until window end for the Winger/Striker and with a more urgent need for another creative mid with shelvey gone.