Newcastle United 2-0 Nottingham Forest (06/08/2022)

loki679

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

I think at times a defeat like that for newly promoted teams can help out. Brings them back down to earth a little and can focus them better. Remember it happening to us when Keegan first brought us up and we were full of hope and excitement, then Spurs beat us 1-0. Was the reality check we needed to knuckle down and push on. 

I think so too. You cant simulate it so now they know the level they'll have to be going forward. Its a bit like not wanting to play a team after they've been pasted. Minds are just that bit more focused out of fear.

We were fine against Spurs and good at Coventry but no idea how we played with such confidence at Old Trfford

Guest HTT II
Just now, Wolfcastle said:

I think so too. You cant simulate it so now they know the level they'll have to be going forward. Its a bit like not wanting to play a team after they've been pasted. Minds are just that bit more focused out of fear.

We were fine against Spurs and good at Coventry but no idea how we played with such confidence at Old Trfford

In the buildup KK said they are the Champions and if you want to be Champions one day, you have to compete with the top teams and show how good you are and we did. I think Spurs at home as the opening game, the occasion got to them and Highfield Road away, was our first game away and they didn’t quite know how to deal with a top-flight away game. Old Trafford was a free pass, they played with no fear and from there we just kicked on and the rest is history…

I'm fucking hanging. :lol:

We bossed that yesterday, from start to finish, and I can't remember the last home game like that. In complete control, just had to wait for the first goal and there was no way we weren't winning that once we got it. Great day, great performance, great result. Start of something special methinks. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Guest HTT II

How great is it to wake up on a nice sunny ish Sunday after a great start to a new season after a few years of Bruce and being owned by Ashley. I never went, but a good number of mates said the atmosphere in Town before and after the match was amazing. Happy days!

1 hour ago, RS said:

This was a peach from the forest forum;

“(newcastle-online is)One of the most toxic and delusional forums (Sunderland's RTG forum runs them close)I've ever seen”

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/official-premier-league-matchday-thread-1-newcastle-vs-forest-6-8-22-1500h.50574/page-5

some wanksplash living in Morpeth posting over there really dislikes us as well. His Geordie wife must regularly beat him to have that chip on his shoulder. 

:mackems:

2 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

A few on their forum recognised that MOTD made it seem way more balanced. But I guess MOTD only have a certain amount of time and wanted to show NF fans at least some positives. 

Definitely remember examples of us getting an absolute bumming and the MOTD highlights not really showing just how easily we'd been beaten.

I've been trying to put yesterday into words, but everything has already been said. We were very dominant and patient against inferior opposition. I can't remember us playing with that much confidence and swagger for a long time.

Guest HTT II
26 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Going to the match, 3 points, scores winning goal, pint after the game, home for MOTD, wake up and watch it again on Sunday morning... I've missed this. 

There's an American actor that used to be in a few things when he was younger, in his 20s, then dropped off the radar, that had eyelids like Cooper and a high hairline, was quite prominent/famous but can't for the life of me think of his name nor any films he was in :lol: Thinking 10-15 years ago.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Is this really necessary?

Aye I’m all against body shaming people (Bruce and Ashley aside), I think he has some kind of eye issues, sure I read it somewhere. Let’s not get all too RTG the way they mock AS for her looks.

I thought Wilson was quiet most of the first and second, but, he proves no matter when the chance comes, he can take it.

All three midfielders did really well, Bruno topping it off, out wide ASM was really good, and Miggy just needs to make slightly better decisions, think like the midfield the back four were all solid also, with Targett being the stand out.

Overall a really good team display, and great opener for a nice change.

For Forest, I thought number 19 Niakhaté was solid, looked a really good defender, I feel he was causing Wilson problems most of the game. 

Really great start, onwards and upwards ??

Edited by mighty__mag

Watching the extended highlights and Willock always seems to be in acres of space on the edge/inside the box. Definitely benefit from making that extra pass instead of taking snap shots.

Edited by nemtizz

3 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Their weird corner routine was hilariously bad :lol: 

It was pure Sunday morning stuff.  

'OK lads what we'll do is hang outside the area and all run in, that'll confuse them'

This is cool. You don’t see 80%+ field tilt very often at all.

It does kind of show we need another more clinical forward with end product though, because we had the ball in their third virtually all game but the xG is only 1.28.