Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I had this argument with a mate a few weeks back. I think they won 12 out of their last 13 PL games. They finished the season brilliantly. It was an inconsistent autumn that saw them fall short.

Don't really think that was the crux of the Twitter rage against RR mind.

I had this argument with a mate a few weeks back. I think they won 12 out of their last 13 PL games. They finished the season brilliantly. It was an inconsistent autumn that saw them fall short.

Don't really think that was the crux of the Twitter rage against RR mind.

Fair enough. I've zero knowledge of the what went on re. Twitter. To call them bottlers is obviously daft when you look at how good they were in the latter half of the season, though.

An Argentine football player has caused outrage after admitting that he used a needle to hurt his rivals during a cup match on Sunday.

Federico Allende, a defender for lower-division club Sport Pacifico, bragged in a radio interview about using the needle several times against strikers from top-division club Estudiantes.

Mr Allende said that players had to be clever in order to win.

Pacifico's president Hector Moncada vowed to expel the player.

"We are devastated. This incident has tarnished the team's good work. I will expel him from the club," Mr Moncada told Clarín newspaper.

Pacifico won the match 3-2 and knocked out Estudiantes from the cup competition in a major upset.

The players were received like heroes in the small western town of General Alvear when they returned from Buenos Aires, where the match was played.

'He must hate me'

But the good atmosphere soon turned into bad news.

Allende gave Cordoba's Vorterix Radio an interview on Tuesday in which he said "you need to play dirty" to beat big clubs like Estudiantes de La Plata.

"We knew that we had to play dirty against them and I kept piercing the Estudiantes strikers with a needle," added the Pacifico defender.

"We know that top division players don't like contact, they don't like if we waste time or if we play dirty. So that was the way to do. Football is like that. Football is for the clever," Allende told Vorterix Radio.

Colombian striker Juan Otero said Allende jabbed him many times with a needle and that he complained to the referee during the match.

"I completely nullified Otero. He must hate me," Allende said on the radio.

After hearing the interview, Otero described Allende as "a nasty man".

Holy s*** that's insane.

Just discovered Peter Ramage is at the same club as Drogba, they barely play the same sport [emoji38]

Coincidence! Driving on the motorway yesterday saw a truck with Ramage on it and remembered be existed.

Bet you went past it easily.

Shaun Wright-Phillips is there too. It's weird

They're not even playing in the MLS, its some weird second division thing, even though the US don't do promotions.

The coach of a Spanish youth team has been sacked after a 25-0 win - because the club's management decided the margin of victory went against the spirit of the game.

After defeating fellow Valencia side Benicalap C on 3 June, Serranos B's under-11 manager was removed from his position.

"We believe in encouraging respect for your opponents. After the result, we decided that the manager should leave," Pablo Alcaide, who helps run the side, told El Pais.

:lol:

Guest reefatoon

Hold on a little longer Ronaldo lad. As soon as the Chinese owners come in, we will bring you back over.

Well, that was an absolute farce of a draw. The draw for the first round of the League Cup has taken place in Bangkok, Thailand with a live stream on their Facebook page.

That was the plan, but the feed had no sound, stalled on other people's computers and an error with the graphics caused confusion.

Charlton Athletic appeared twice on the graphic, firstly playing Exeter away and then Cheltenham at home. The correct match is Exeter v Charlton.

There was another problem with the graphic as it said AFC wimbledon were playing Swindon, a draw that is not possible because both sides are unseeded. AFC Wimbledon are actually at home to Brentford with Norwich City at home to Swindon.

:lol: :lol: