Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Can't say I've read much about this tax lark; is everyone getting their finances done by the same people? Seems ridiculous so many people would be stupid enough to get caught up like this.

Can't say I've read much about this tax lark; is everyone getting their finances done by the same people? Seems ridiculous so many people would be stupid enough to get caught up like this.

Seems to be the 'Image Rights' loophole.

Guest neesy111

Ronaldo's charges are more serious and go past the image rights than those against Mourinho, Messi etc..  If found guilty he would likely go to jail from what I've read.

Real Madrid star Luka Modric under investigation for perjury and could face up to five years in prison

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/luka-modric-real-madric-under-investigation-perjury-five-years-in-prison-croatia-a7797341.html

ffs

Here's the bad part:

Among other things including embezzlement and tax fraud, Mamic is charged with illegally keeping a big chunk of the transfer fee from Spurs for himself rather than for Dinamo. The investigation showed he did keep it and the defence is not even trying to deny that, but they claim there was nothing unlawful about it.

The disputed part is the contract between Dinamo and Modric which contained an annex specifying the fee was to be shared on the 50-50 basis between the club and the player.

Modric was to get 50% of his transfer fee? That can't be common practice.

I see Red Bull have got round the Leipzig/Salzburg Champions League dilemma by selling Salzburg but keeping the sponsorship deal in tact.

They haven't just done that. They dropped controlling stake in Salzburg a while ago.

Paris Saint-Germain winger Ángel Di María has been handed a one-year prison sentence after admitting to defrauding the Spanish government of £1.14 million during his time at Real Madrid.

The 29-year-old made a deal with the Spanish Supreme Court to avoid a trial and will pay a fine of £1.76 million.

However, the Argentina international is unlikely to spend any time behind bars as sentences of under two years are usually suspended providing the convicted has no prior criminal history.

wtf Real

edit

Hacienda también inspecciona a James Rodríguez

James too.  These are all Jorge Mendes clients. Something going on there