Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Championship club Bolton Wanderers have been issued with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue & Customs, reports BBC Radio Manchester.

Bolton say they are aware of the new petition and that the situation is being dealt with.

Meanwhile, financial director Shaun McHugh has left just four months after being appointed.

He is the third person to have held the role in the past year following John Pelling and Anthony Massey.

Might shoot that Arma loan in the foot.

There's little variation in the temperature between January and July in Cameroon, indeed temperatures are generally higher in January. The major difference is that July is the rainy season. Same goes for Ivory Coast in 2021.

Not ideal for West African pitches.

Literally giving a solider footballer's wages.  Amazing.

League One footballer's wages. I'm guessing he's probably only quadrupled his salary. What do you think he'll be on?

The average salary for a League One player is around £1,500 a week, can be a fair bit more for top players especially in big relegated Championship clubs.

But if you're a player signed from non-league, managing to arrange a trial and winning a deal, the chances are he'll be on much less than average.

Celtic have been hit with three charges by UEFA after Wednesday evening's second leg of their tie against Linfield.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/celtic/celtic-hit-with-illicit-banner-charge-by-uefa-35951282.html

Might have got away with Uefa missing the IRA references in the "Rodgers at Work" and "Undefeated Army" banners if they hadn't put them alongside a banner of an actual paramilitary...

I'm obviously slightly (ha!) biased, but how is Muslera not given a yellow card for that challenge, that leads to the penalty? He was already on a yellow card so he would have been sent off had he gotten one. Surely a yellow, or am I missing something? [emoji848]

There's little variation in the temperature between January and July in Cameroon, indeed temperatures are generally higher in January. The major difference is that July is the rainy season. Same goes for Ivory Coast in 2021.

Not ideal for West African pitches.

I really do not see how Cameroon is hosting this thing in 2019, tbh. It will Morocco, who forfeited 2015 because of Ebola outbreak. They were struggling badly to prepare for a 16 team tournament, and now suddenly have a 24 team one with 20 more matches. :lol: This is all so haphazard, we have already started qualifying for a tournament that was meant to have 16 teams. At least Naija will likely qualify now.

I don't think rain in West Africa in June will be too much of an issue, the pitches are usually rubbish anyway, but the excessive heat in the North could be. This decision has nothing to do with weather though, it is entirely to placate European-based players and clubs.

Surely on the wage he's on he could afford to own his own Starbucks franchise, and pass some of that profit down to it's staff. The cheap crisp packet shagging cunt.

In Gaelic football they have black cards where for a cynical foul, the person who has committed it is sent off but his team can make a sub, that would be a interesting thing to introduce in football, might end up with less Colback on the pitch :lol: