Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Has anyone said anything about Yaya Toure leaving Man City this season? Obviously he barely featured this season, but worth mentioning because he was for 3 years or so the best midfielder in the league, an astonishing player who had it all.

He's responsible for one of the greatest individual performances I've ever witnessed live at St James' Park. That 0-2 towards of the end of the 11-12 season. We looked canny good on the day but he ran the game from deep before eventually moving further upfield to score two goals, winning the game and keeping City on the front foot of the title race. It was amazing to watch - as if he had super powers.

Has anyone said anything about Yaya Toure leaving Man City this season? Obviously he barely featured this season, but worth mentioning because he was for 3 years or so the best midfielder in the league, an astonishing player who had it all.

He's responsible for one of the greatest individual performances I've ever witnessed live at St James' Park. That 0-2 towards of the end of the 11-12 season. We looked canny good on the day but he ran the game from deep before eventually moving further upfield to score two goals, winning the game and keeping City on the front foot of the title race. It was amazing to watch - as if he had super powers.

There was a time where he seemed to start deep in a game and if they needed a goal he'd push forward and nearly always get one

Guest Howaythetoon

I was there, bang in line with the touch-line East Stand and he was immense. Kompany as well. He’s been a great player, but he’s always been someone you feel plays when he wants and I don’t mean deciding to sit on the bench one week and starting the next, but in actual games.

That 0-2 against City was the 'best' loss I've seen at SJP. We were really good and those boos/whistles throughout long stages of the first half were ace. Weird how it happened (to such an extent) during that game, yet never really since.

That 0-2 against City was the 'best' loss I've seen at SJP. We were really good and those boos/whistles throughout long stages of the first half were ace. Weird how it happened (to such an extent) during that game, yet never really since.

:thup: Atmosphere was ace. Sounded like a European game in the first half.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur will be playing their 1,000th match in the competition.

And they will be hoping that the fixtures go better than their first.

The "ever-presents" all failed to win in their opening match of the inaugural season of the 1992/93 Premier League.

Was thinking earlier how 3 signings in the summer which people were tipping to be excellent deals were Jese to Stoke, Krychowiak to WBA and Renato Sanches to Swansea and they've all got relegated with them on loan.

Those 3 (on paper) were more impressive than any of our signings last summer.

Was thinking earlier how 3 signings in the summer which people were tipping to be excellent deals were Jese to Stoke, Krychowiak to WBA and Renato Sanches to Swansea and they've all got relegated with them on loan.

In January, Sturridge as well. :lol:

In January, Sturridge as well. :lol:

Everyone knew he was going to be injured like. WBA fans were rightly excited about the signing, and we were rightly not bothered that we didn't get him.

Obviously Salah is the signing of the season, but who would people pick after him? Probably Ederson for me, but for all the money that has been spent, it's hard to pick many outstanding signings IMO.

Obviously Salah is the signing of the season, but who would people pick after him? Probably Ederson for me, but for all the money that has been spent, it's hard to pick many outstanding signings IMO.

Gross, Robertson and Walker (even though he cost loads) would be some off the top of my head