Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Litmanen was twice the player (but we didn't see enough of it in the PL).

Also not a Scandinavian, you know.

If you're going Scandinavia the obvious and only answer is Zlatan.

Ibrahimovic only played 1 good season in the Prem so not sure how he's the only answer when Schmeichel was great for years

Ngl when I see that top I do actually think of the Soham murders before Beckham or Van Nistelrooy for instance. I was the same age as the two girls & the pictures of them in a similar top was sort of burned into my memory.

That said I reckon the fact we used to get regularly concede 3/4/5 goals against Utd back then meant I didn't hold on too firmly to the memory of it.

Litmanen was twice the player (but we didn't see enough of it in the PL).

Also not a Scandinavian, you know.

If you're going Scandinavia the obvious and only answer is Zlatan.

Ibrahimovic only played 1 good season in the Prem so not sure how he's the only answer when Schmeichel was great for years

Turbonegro gets it.

I don’t see that being as bad as a domestic final or league match like, but still wank.

It's the biggest game of club football played in Europe. Goddamn yanks can have a CL final when I get to see LeBron win a ring in Barcelona :lol:

That's actually a really good way of thinking about it.

couldn't give two fucks where they play the CL final really, only issue is for the fans of the finalists imo

what does it matter you're from liverpool and the game is in kiev or NYC?  you'd still get to see a class city and the game, clubs/UEFA should be forced to subsidise costs if they do it

then again who is going to force them? :lol:

It's a terrible idea. Besides timezone issues (are they going to play at noon, in June?), not every fan of a rich club is rich himself. It's already expensive to pay for travel to an away game in Europe, now they are planning to take the biggest game your club might play to another continent.

Plus it just doesn't make sense to crown the best team in Europe in the USA  :idiot2:

One of the biggest media moguls in Spain (owner of La Liga's rights and one of the masterminds behind taking it to the USA) has just said that he's aware of talks to hold a CL final in NYC.

But to make it still watchable back in Europe, you'd need to have it kick off about 3pm local time. Make sure it's still played in mid to late May in those temperatures and then everyone can moan about the heat too. :thup:

I think it's an excellent idea that anyone with half a brain would throw their full support behind.

Guest firetotheworks

what does it matter you're from liverpool and the game is in kiev or NYC?

One's £80 return and the other's about £750 return? :lol: