Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

What happens if say Spurs win the CL, Arsenal win EL, Chelsea or Man Utd finish 4th.

Does 4th still qualify for CL?

No, only maximum of 5 teams allowed in the CL from 1 country.

What's the best period for a football fan? Start of a new season? Insane Christmas football schedule? Easter football? End of the season?

I once started a poll about this years ago. I have no idea if it still exists.

Favorite time of the season for me is CL final.

What's the best period for a football fan? Start of a new season? Insane Christmas football schedule? Easter football? End of the season?

I once started a poll about this years ago. I have no idea if it still exists.

Favorite time of the season for me is CL final.

For non NUFC football it is definitely the last two months of the season. CL knockout games in particular and then watching teams fuck up promotions etc.

Aye, April and May for me. Pretty much non stop football every day.

There’s always the impending doom though that the football season is coming to a close and there’s no proper football until August though in a non WC/Euros year.

Whats the point of corner flags ?

To assist referees and linesman when deciding if a ball has gone out for a throw in or a corner / something for Matt Ritchie is assault.

I love the start of the season when you've not had a dire summer which is something we're quite accustomed to unfortunately; warm weather, getting ahead of yourself if you win the first few games, seeing new players for the first time (again, I know) etc etc. Christmas period is class also, in fact that entire period between the international breaks. Just constant club football from November-March.

I love the start of the season when you've not had a dire summer which is something we're quite accustomed to unfortunately; warm weather, getting ahead of yourself if you win the first few games, seeing new players for the first time (again, I know) etc etc. Christmas period is class also, in fact that entire period between the international breaks. Just constant club football from November-March.

Probably this period we’re in right now - Easter.  for me. Internationals done and dusted, Champions League Knockout phase in full swing, weekend and midweek games. Feel like there’s football on every day of the week.

Probably this period we’re in right now - Easter.  for me. Internationals done and dusted, Champions League Knockout phase in full swing, weekend and midweek games. Feel like there’s football on every day of the week.

This bit is great too, like. No breaks, weather turning out canny and it's the time where Perez turns into some goalscoring maestro.

Whats the point of corner flags ?

The flag provides a definitive separation of the goal line and the touchline (as least, it does for the height of the corner flag pole)

If it's upright, aye. The wind on some of the Sunday league shitholes I've played at had the flags near enough horizontal.

Got to remember that title races, promotion pushes, and relegation scraps are coming to an end as well. Usually every game shown has something resting on it.

Average shots per a game table this season :happy1:

1st Chelsea 15.6

2nd Liverpool 15.1

3nd Spurs 13.9

4th Man City 13.6

5th Leicester 13.6

6th Man Utd 13.5

7th Crystal Palace 12.8

8th Southamton 12.7

9th Everton 12.6

10th Wolves 12.6

11th Arsenal 12.1

12th Fulham 12.1

13th Newcastle 11.7

14th Bournemouth 11.5

15th West Ham 11.2

16th Watford 11.1

17th Huddersfield 10.8

18th Cardiff 10.7

19th Brighton 10

20th Burnley 9.7

Who surprises you most? :azn:

Palace, Newcastle, Bournemouth, West Ham, Watford seem to be the ones most opposite to what the pundits like to make out.