Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Anyone think football would improve if goal difference came after goals scored instead of the other way around when it comes to separating teams on the same amounts of points? 

While GD certainly feels fairer (and probably my preference), it's hard to argue that teams wouldn't be going for it more if it came down to goals scored rather than GD. 

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I’m going to Turkey next year, hopefully I can take in a game, my mate’s been to a few and he says the atmosphere in general is bat shit crazy!

On 01/05/2022 at 19:21, Nobody said:

Anyone think football would improve if goal difference came after goals scored instead of the other way around when it comes to separating teams on the same amounts of points? 

While GD certainly feels fairer (and probably my preference), it's hard to argue that teams wouldn't be going for it more if it came down to goals scored rather than GD. 

I think it would improve. I’d be intrigued to know how many managers focus on GD.

Obviously Rafa did with his conservative style, but so often the top teams take the foot off the gas when they go 2 or 3 up when they could get 6 or 7.

GD is 10000x better than the head to head bollocks they use in Europe mind.

Guest neesy111
11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He’d probably be subbed off after the second time he does it.

Kepa doesn't like this idea.

On 01/05/2022 at 19:21, Nobody said:

I don’t think scoring the max goals should be the point of football though, attacking and defending both have their merits. 

Overall I guess it would make very little difference since there’s such a small chance of GD/GS being needed at all. 

Guest neesy111

Finally finished reading this, very good and it's changed my misconceptions from both sides of the rivalry. 

20220503_082203.jpg

Just said on SSN that there's two kick off changes for matches on Sunday May 16th - absolute joke for fans who have booked trains etc - I think Everton's games is a few hours later and Man City's a few hours early

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Just said on SSN that there's two kick off changes for matches on Sunday May 16th - absolute joke for fans who have booked trains etc - I think Everton's games is a few hours later and Man City's a few hours early

joke 

Guest HTT II

Hopefully he can restart his very promising career. Great news for the lad and his family!

13 hours ago, neesy111 said:

Finally finished reading this, very good and it's changed my misconceptions from both sides of the rivalry. 

20220503_082203.jpg

Didn’t know Bojan and Messi were cousins