Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

16 minutes ago, Paully said:

That fucking stinks, given that, historically, West Ham has always supposedly been a very working class football club.  Saw something similar for Fulham the other day which was equally as eye-watering, but with Fulham you kind of just shrug your shoulders as it's nothing new for them...think I paid £65 for a ticket in the Putney End a good few years ago.  What is particularly bad with the West Ham pricing is the lack of concessions, and all that to sit in a stadium that they are supposedly paying next-to-nowt to use.  Absolutely scandalous. 

Edited by deejeck

16 minutes ago, deejeck said:

That fucking stinks, given that, historically, West Ham has always supposedly been a very working class football club.  Saw something similar for Fulham the other day which was equally as eye-watering, but with Fulham you kind of just shrug your shoulders as it's nothing new for them...think I paid £65 for a ticket in the Putney End a good few years ago.  What is particularly bad with the West Ham pricing is the lack of concessions, and all that to sit in a stadium that they are supposedly paying next-to-nowt to use.  Absolutely scandalous. 

Yeah, I’m probably more annoyed about the stadium stuff…and the fact that they apparently have a 1966 area :lol:

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Lol, not really. 

It kinda is tbh. Although the one big advantage you have is that with the Saudis underwriting things you might be able to keep prices down a bit. Spurs essentially need to charge high prices to pay for the stadium. West Ham need to charge high prices because they need to pay for the stadi oh hang on. If you’re moving up “to the next level” you can expect prices to go up too.

Edited by leffe186

12 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Lol, not really. 

I think if you're aware of it, you have to be a special kind of naive to look around and see every single new-stadium development ending up with increased ticket prices, the pricing out of lower incomes and without missing a beat, think 'that won't happen to us'

Edited by Kid Icarus

4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It kinda is tbh. Although the one big advantage you have is that with the Saudis underwriting things you might be able to keep prices down a bit. Spurs essentially need to charge high prices to pay for the stadium. West Ham need to charge high prices because they need to pay for the stadi oh hang on. If you’re moving up “to the next level” you can expect prices to go up too.

I think it’s important to understand we have a totally different model to west ham and spurs. We are owned by worlds largest sovereign wealth fund where as spam are owned by the dildo brothers. 

Also, a stadium expansion/new stadium would allow us to get around FFP in as we can increase capacity at zero FFP cost. 

Also, no chance the NE could pay such ridiculous ticket prices. 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think it’s important to understand we have a totally different model to west ham and spurs. We are owned by worlds largest sovereign wealth fund where as spam are owned by the dildo brothers. 

Also, a stadium expansion/new stadium would allow us to get around FFP in as we can increase capacity at zero FFP cost. 

Also, no chance the NE could pay such ridiculous ticket prices. 

Yeah, you’re right in that being bankrolled by Saudi Arabia gives you more flexibility - that’s why I qualified it. You know that FFP doesn’t exist any more though, don’t you? We’re still waiting to see how the new regulations - which IIRC include infrastructure - will impact stadium developments. Not just that, but I presume the same restrictions on increasing SJP will still apply.

Then you look at the other team bankrolled by a country…who lest we forget were essentially gifted a stadium in very similar circumstances to West Ham. This is from 2019:

https://www.givemesport.com/1479353-manchester-city-have-increased-season-ticket-prices-in-10-out-of-the-last-11-years/amp

Why exactly do you think prices won’t go up significantly?